Shorty Levers/ Standard Levers

Hellabroke

• Member Contributer

I have had both and prefer the longer ones track use maybe the short ones but there is an advantage to the longer ones on the street .

• Member Contributer

I think we had this discussion at one time....or at least one similar.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/76947-lets-talk-levers/

I prefer shorty levers and love my ASV levers I have on my '01

• Member Contributer

I went Chinese cheap, and I couldn't be happier. The hardware is of decent quality, and aluminum is aluminum. I don't have any hesitation about using the levers.

• Member Contributer

I've never heard of any of the aftermarket levers break, whether it be the expensive or the cheap-o's. There really isn't a whole lot of severe stress going on there. I confess to buying the cheap-o's in the short version and really like them a lot.

I have Pazzos. Long clutch and short brake. Only real advantage is ease in positioning for 2 finger braking. The adjusters are kinda nice too. Not worth the expense, but I got them cheap.

• Member Contributer

I was dubious when I bought my first set of Chinese rip-off levers for my triumph Street Triple. I was very pleasantly surprised when turns up and looked identical to my mates genuine Pazzo's, especially at 1/10th the price.

I've just ordered a set for the VFR, shorties again as I prefer them for lever feel.

• Member Contributer

I have had both Pazzo's and "cheap" Chinese short levers on various bikes over the years and now have £20 Chinese one's on my 4th Gen without any problems.

%

• Member Contributer

Had a discussion about this last night with ECN after a fun ride. We both have the HK (?) levers from eBay and are happy with them. I initially bought the long ones but swapped to shorties because I could not abide by the "clink" of the clutch lever hitting the bar end. Drove. Me. Nuts.

:goofy:

That and the slight change of the red accents to a lighter shade I'm happy. Were I to order again I'd probably go with black/silver.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Look on the ASV site for a blem/re-furbed option. $130

I went this route for my 5 Gen. You get both levers for the price of one really. Even though I have the "knock offs" on my 6 Gen I'm thinking about going to the ASV levers for it. The color of the knock-offs seem to be "fading".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Look on the ASV site for a blem/re-furbed option. $130

I finally got these installed on the bike. I had my first ride with them this morning. They are beautiful but the short levers take a little time to get comfortable with. The craftsmanship is fantastic; they are butter smooth. The one finger clicker adjustments while riding to dial them in is awesome. I highly recommend them.

Just put the Pazzo's on my 6th Gen. I support Canada when I can, so I bought them. They are amazing and worth it. I have had them before, no fade ever, and very comfortable!

Archived