Daytona 675 Subframe And Tail Swap

CandyRedRC46

So I am looking for light weight subframe options and the 675 seems to have pretty similar mounting locations. I'm not saying it's a bolt on, but it looks like you could maybe get lucky and throw som spacers on the top mounting part and maybe not have to modify the bottom supports too much. Here's some google pictures comparing the two.

PS the 675 subframe weighs 5.31 pounds!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Is this an old Daytona subframe that houses an undertail exhaust? If so, do you plan to use their ugly mass of a single can?

If this is a new Daytona subframe, they have belly exhausts. Are you planning to do away with the undertail and go with a single side can?

This is the old body style. I would just adapt my current exhaust to make it work with the center tail location.

(I have a fifth gen two brothers racing full system, adapted to work with my two brothers slip on. The single pipe with a dummy can.)

You took my subframe dislike to the next level!

Looks like a solid start, I will be patiently waiting for updates.

-Drew

This would get me down to 440 pounds. Getting close to 600 numbers!!! :)

If I didn't want my OEM luggage, corbin seat+backrest, and Passenger grab handles for the wife I would be doing pretty much the same thing. If I get something even more comfortable for her, I may follow your lead and still do it.

-Drew

• 1 year later...

The first pic in CR's first post is a 2002 R6 subframe, and it looks like this on a 4th Gen:

22876981023_f7ce427fe7_c.jpg

And as CR says of the 675 tail, waaay lighter than the VFR boat anchor of a subframe.

Looks awesome!

I am trying to decide which rear end to put on my 4 gen, once I finish the front end conversions (currently putting the front end of a 2008 CBR600RR on it).

Lots of information but very scattered....hard to tell which way to go

How did you find the R6 tail conversion?

Pretty easy or hard....and many tricky bits?

Nope I have not done any real world subframe testing or measuring, I have only done internet eyeballing and internet engineering, but I have had to remove and reinstall the factory subframe while doing the brake delink for my R1 front end and I can tell you, that, that was not fun lol.

I do really want to continue with my VFR build (New fairings, 675 subframe, Ducati 1098 rear wheel, Forged R1 front wheel, Engine Work), but I have a pretty big list of car projects right now:

BMW 328i (Fiancee's) Down Pipe install. (AFE Down Pipe is being a bitch and not quite lining up. Apparently AFE's first batch of down pipes was a little off)

Acura Integra (Supposed to be my daily driver) needs new ball joints, coil overs and a few leaks fixed. (Money and time)

1992 Civic Hatch SI (project car) Needs an engine rebuild/swap, suspension and body work. (BIG $$$$$ AND TIME)

Its hard to tear into the bike right now, when its currently the most reliable vehicle I own. The VFR is mechanically perfect and a complete F@#$ing blast to ride at the moment, so it has been put on the side burner in "If it aint broke, dont fix it" mode since I completed the suspension/Exhaust/Rapidbike goodies.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer
43 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Nope, sorry, I got married and bought a house. All modding is on hold for a while, until I can catch back up.

Well congratulations! 

Archived