Tail Light Not Working

Lint

GRRRRRRR! Trust me, I want to cuss like a drunken sailor. Brought my bike, SIX MONTHS AGO!, to a "friend" to get some lowside repairs done. Paid through the ass and it took F*&(%ng forever to get the paint done correctly as I had to bring it back twice!!!! Now, as I am leaving work, I notice that the brake light is wired into the left rear blinker and the blinker is wired into the lower portion of the tail light/brake light. I switched the connectors and I have blinker and brake light correct, but no tail light. Which fuse runs this? And, why on Earth did Honda decide to hide the fusebox under fairings? Really???

Anyway, this is a long list of complaints in this very overpriced repair, as it was a simple lowside at 25mph due to coolant on the back tire. I can't ride this until this is fixed.

Thanks.

Oh, did I mention, that the guy that owns the shop supposedly has 30 years experience??? Picked up the bike, battery was dead and the tires were flat. Never again!

I got it apart, my lower bulb on my tail light is burned out on the 5 watt filament. I am trying to find one locally in an auto parts store. Anyone have a heads up on which bulb to look for? The one in my hand simply says it's a Stanley W21/%W ECE. Local auto parts store thinks it's a 7443 bulb, but the pics show it is a little different. Specs match tho, so after I drop off my kid's lunch, I'll post back.

• Member Contributer

Yes it is 7443. Just reading about on on vfrworld

Ah what bulb, Guess I had better recheck mine.

LED's looks like you need a electronic LED flasher ...

Parallel a resistor to it or one of these .

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back.

On the rear combination light, AKA tailight, which bulb is for the bottom light? I put a Philips Crystal Vision 7443 in there and it started smoking the upper filament. Honda specs the bulb as a 12V 21/5V bulb and my Philips is a 13.5V 24,98/5.4W bulb, which seems to be a more robust bulb.

Ideas?

Ok, so apparently the P.O. has/had different bulbs in the bike. ALL four bulbs in the back are meant to be dual filament 7443 bulbs and the whole back combination light should be lit up as a single running light, getting brighter with either the blinker or the brakes. It's never been this way and the lower light in the center was a single filament bulb.

Looks like I have some bulbs to replace. I think the filament on my Philips fried because I must have forced it in backwards and sent too high of wattage to the thinner filament. I guess????

I must have forced it in backwards

Doesn't sound like a good plan, but I'm not sure what the penalty is for a violation.

New bulbs across the board, I guess. :unsure:

At least they are relatively cheap.

Archived