Brembo Radial Clutch Master Cylinder Upgrade With Pics

CandyRedRC46

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I just installed a Brembo radial clutch master cylinder off of a 2009 Ducati 1100 monster. The ratio has been improved slightly with the Brembo have a 1mm smaller bore 15mm vs 16, for less effort and more feel, with a wider friction zone. I already had 100 pound Barnett clutch springs, so the lessened effort is a god send. As an added bonus, the previous owner had 6 position adjustable levers already installed, which can adjust the friction zone from at the bar to about 1.5 inches off of the bar. So all in all I would say that this is a great modification for those seeking less clutch effort and greater clutch lever feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Nice upgrade!

On a semi-related note… what kind of specifics can you give on the stiffer clutch springs? I'm assuming it provides a more solid and positive clutch engagement? I find my clutch a little "soft" when shifting hard and sometime when clutching a wheelie. Do you think stiffer springs would help in these situations? I especially notice it with hard shifts… it seems as though the bike takes a little longer to recover after a shift at high rpm… not a solid engagement of the next gear. Does that make sense? What are the downsides of the stiffer springs?

Nice upgrade!

On a semi-related note… what kind of specifics can you give on the stiffer clutch springs? I'm assuming it provides a more solid and positive clutch engagement? I find my clutch a little "soft" when shifting hard and sometime when clutching a wheelie. Do you think stiffer springs would help in these situations? I especially notice it with hard shifts… it seems as though the bike takes a little longer to recover after a shift at high rpm… not a solid engagement of the next gear. Does that make sense? What are the downsides of the stiffer springs?

I didn't install the springs to cure clutch slipping or anything like that. I purchased/installed them to fight clutch chatter on high RPM launches. With the factory springs, I could only launch at about 4000 rpms before the clutch lever turned into an on/off switch. The engagement is no harder than it was with the factory springs, but it is much easier to modulate at 8000 RPMs. Stiffer springs will not make the plates wear out any faster, but may shorten the life of the throw out bearing and master cylinder or any other parts exposed to the higher than normal hydraulic pressure. The lever pull effort was dramatically increased, but it is only too much while stuck in traffic. The added clutch feel and high RPM stability was well worth it though. The added spring pressure vs the added master cylinder pressure really helps to stabilize the clutch pack at high RPMs. Also no that I have the radial master cylinder, lever effort has been reduced and feel has further increased.

I paid 200 for the whole assembly.

Heh  what  throw  out  bearing ?

Do we not have one of those or an equivalent? Lol

• Member Contributer

I paid 200 for the whole assembly.

Heh what throw out bearing ?

Do we not have one of those or an equivalent? Lol

Clutch hub bearing ?