Gsxr Mirrors On A 4Th Gen?

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

Or any other good quality mirror with integrated indicators....

Can it be done? :unsure:

• Member Contributer

of course it CAN be done. just read up on how they are doing it w/ the 5th gens... spacing is the same on the Y2k mounts for 4th... just a matter of a few wires after that.

Not sure it has, only because of how the signals are currently so well integrated in the fairing..

• Member Contributer

My question centres around the angle of the 4th gen top fairing. If they bolt on but at an angle that looks silly....

• 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer

I know you're not really looking for this anymore :blush:, but I'm looking at doing something for my 3rd gen (which currently sports Y2k mirrors).  When Mohawk fitted GSXR mirrors to his 5th gen he only used the GSXR mirror heads, keeping the 5th gen brackets and stalks.  This leaves the wiring out in the open, but means that the angle is unaffected.  I've ordered a pair of secondhand GSXR mirrors to experiment with, so we'll see if I can come up with anything interesting...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2014 at 7:57 PM, Dutchy said:

My question centres around the angle of the 4th gen top fairing. If they bolt on but at an angle that looks silly....

I dunno what the angle of the bracket is like on the 4g's but I fitted them to my 6g by using angled spaces between the bracket and the arm mount made out of Aluminium tubing.

• Member Contributer

I got the mirrors, and it's looking like it will be a bit of a job to make them work on a 3rd-5th gen.  Spacers made out of tubing is a good idea.  I think they're 40mm between bolts; the 3-5gen has 50mm, IIRC.  That could make it easier to make adapters, however.  I have a set of alloy mirror extenders that I use on my 3rd gen (with Y2k mirrors), which could be cut at an appropriate angle and re-drilled.  Anyway, the Suzuki OEM mirrors are high-quality, like the OEM Honda ones, but I've got other projects to work on before I get back to this...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, JZH said:

I got the mirrors, and it's looking like it will be a bit of a job to make them work on a 3rd-5th gen.  Spacers made out of tubing is a good idea.  I think they're 40mm between bolts; the 3-5gen has 50mm, IIRC.  That could make it easier to make adapters.

It worked but Plan B is to get some lathe time and turn and machine some new ends for the arms and cut and rivet them in place.

Archived