2014 Vfr Coming To America!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahahahahha

1st you state-side biatch and moan that it will not come to your shores

now it does and you biatch and moan about the price.....

I'd say Honda only sell it to people who have the money to pay for it cash, instead of financing it.....

:goofy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pm4fQRl72k

Shame on those fools for wanting something at a reasonable price! Shame! Not that I'm in the market for a bike, but if I was in the market for a V4 and not a sport touring/do-it-all bike, like the VFR, I'd laugh at Honda and RUN to Aprilia for a Tuono V4 or RSV4.

hahahahahahha

I'd say Honda only sell it to people who have the money to pay for it cash, instead of financing it.....

Cash is king when it comes to buying vehicles. While the 2014 vfr 800 looks fantastic my biggest question is have they improved the 6th gens surging, snatchy and abrupt fueling. If they have I can see paying in the neighborhood of what they are asking for the bike if I didn't already have a vfr. My '07 remains totally stock and the wacky fueling has become largely a non issue simply because I know the bike very well and how to ride around the fluffy injection. I've never had an electrical issue with mine, it remains smooth, doesn't use oil, cheap to insure...in other words it's a keeper. When I want an overly strong modern well suspended ride I just take the Bking.

hahahahahahha

Great song, you nailed it Dutchy.

In America we want it all, and we want it now!

Also financing terms of no money down, and no money in the future. :tongue:

If bikes only sold for cash, no financing, I suspect sales would plummet. :rolleyes:

hahahahahahha

Cash is king when it comes to buying vehicles. While the 2014 vfr 800 looks fantastic my biggest question is have they improved the 6th gens surging, snatchy and abrupt fueling. If they have I can see paying in the neighborhood of what they are asking for the bike if I didn't already have a vfr. My '07 remains totally stock and the wacky fueling has become largely a non issue simply because I know the bike very well and how to ride around the fluffy injection. I've never had an electrical issue with mine, it remains smooth, doesn't use oil, cheap to insure...in other words it's a keeper. When I want an overly strong modern well suspended ride I just take the Bking.

You shouldn't have to, but is there a problem with throwing a Power Commander V w/ Cozye's map on your bike? It really does fix what ails the bike... Since my bike came with a PC I have no clue wtf this surging and snatchy/abrupt throttle feels like.

• Member Contributer

I am old enough to remember reading about how Honda RUINED the VFR when they changed the 750 and added NACA ducts , they lost their minds when Honda gained weight, went from the 750 to the 800 (Klingon). Fast Forward to 2002, people went bananas when the VTEC came out, it was deemed to be SO fugly, origami, bug eyed, useless tech, etc etc. The 1200 is the buffalo, an overproced bike no one seemed to ask for or want, and now the new 800 is overpriced and a parts bin bike.

The more things change, the more they stay the same... :goofy: Dutchy, you hit the nail on the head...

• Member Contributer

A 12 year old engine design doesn't appeal but maybe I can use it as my commuter bike.

Don't you work from home? :goofy:

Shhh...don't tell the wifey.

• Member Contributer

I'm excited to see it come to USA, although the timing and lack of marketing that Honda North America is doing doesn't make sense. The Motorcycle Shows have already started. I plan on test riding it this Spring. The Deluxe has some nice features that interest me.

hahahahahahha

You shouldn't have to, but is there a problem with throwing a Power Commander V w/ Cozye's map on your bike? It really does fix what ails the bike... Since my bike came with a PC I have no clue wtf this surging and snatchy/abrupt throttle feels like.

hahahahahahha

What I'd love to do is catch a ride on PC equipped vfr to see what's what before throwing things into my bike. I've been neglecting the vfr as far as mods go ever since I got the suzuki bking. All the performance itches have scratched by that thing. Still it's high time I did something for my vfr.

• Member Contributer

I'll wait to 2017 and buy a leftover or slightly used 2015 VFR800 in pearl black for $6.5K cash, after all the recalls are done. :warranty:

:1: I have my 2006 set up nicely now, so I should be able to hold out. Then it will be the same dilemma the 5th gen owners faced when the 6th came out: Do I sell my 6th and buy an 8th--or do I keep both? :smile:

• Member Contributer

You 6th Gen'ers are going to have to give up ownership of the VTEC label. Gonna be two Gen's with VTEC now.

Love my ST1300 headlights! :cool:

Oh, I just noticed the "magnesium" colored clutch cover and valve covers! :beer:

• Member Contributer

I encourage you and CornerCarver to both hold your breath while you wait for that to happen!

Going on 6 years now...intravenous oxygen is the key to being a Honda V4 sport bike fanatic...

She asked me why the singers name was Alice.

I said, Listen baby you really wouldn't understand. :unsure:

And I see from other videos that Frank Zappa helped Alice make his first record.

So also, watch out where the Huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow. :beer:

She asked me why the singers name was Alice.

I said, Listen baby you really wouldn't understand. :unsure:

And I see from other videos that Frank Zappa helped Alice make his first record.

So also, watch out where the Huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow. :beer:

No worries, I know the Crux of the Buscuit is the Apostrophe! :wink:

Back on topic - MV Agusta is coming out with an 800cc Sport Touring triple this year, should make for an interesting (and obvious) comparison test !

Archived