2014 Vfr Coming To America!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Notice the destination charge on Honda's site now? Honda is the only manufacturer adding freight (and my local dealer adds 'prep'). I was buying a CRF250L last spring and the $4599 turned into $4999 before tax and tags just like that. I bitched and they came down some, but I wanted the bike and it was the last one and I still paid $200 over list. Just state what the price is up front and no baloney, please.

Didn't think there were going to bring it to the US. I do like it, and will check it out at the dealer, but I've got too many mods in my 02 to spend that kind of money for what is only a slight (arguable) upgrade to what I have.

I don't see the point in offering 2 VFRs, especially if they are both bland IMO. I'm not big on the 1200 styling, but I'm getting used to it. Not ridden one, so maybe it's fantastic. But what is the point of the 800? How about giving us an 800 that's sort of like a SuperSport version? How about a Far East version of the Aprilia RSV4? A real, sporting V4...saw one at a bike night in the fall...the sound from that thing- OMG. 'Bout wet myself. Thanks Honda, but I will stick with my 5th gen at this point.

Well, now we know where the weight savings came from. The centerstand only comes on the "deluxe" model. Traction control? Standard. Centerstand? Nah, you gotta pay for that.

That and the single right exit can versus undertail exhaust is probably where they are claiming the weight savings.

• Member Contributer

I'm with Seb, I want one. The 1200 is a great machine, just a bit heavy for me. My wife is probably not going to let me live this one down. I just got all the bugs worked out of the 1200 with the new map and all and now I am looking at the new 800. Oh well, she will get over it. :goofy: I have already called Shawnee Honda and get first dibs on a test ride. Should be here at the end of May or 1st of June.

• Member Contributer

Looks like Canada only gets the deluxe version at 14,500. Not that much more than the 09s were going for. Heated grips and standard abs are nice.

• Member Contributer

I hope they sell a lot of them, and then Honda will invest in the V4 lineup.

I am with you on this. Even though I abhor the neutered 6G cam chain engine and the gimmicky fake vetch I should really buy one of these this year so Honda continues to invest in the platform.

A 12 year old engine design doesn't appeal but maybe I can use it as my commuter bike.

I'm just overjoyed that Honda has decided to place a new fork in the road.

Where the RC45 and VFR once merged, there is now a glimmer of hope that we may see the line branch out once again to introduce a true lightweight and sporty V4 for the MASSES, not the elite - built on a platform that can also be used in a modular fashion for commuting and touring alike.

• Member Contributer

^^ and you know we could spec it out from their parts bin for next to nothing in the way of R&D.

Well, now we know where the weight savings came from. The centerstand only comes on the "deluxe" model. Traction control? Standard. Centerstand? Nah, you gotta pay for that.

That and the single right exit can versus undertail exhaust is probably where they are claiming the weight savings.

Might want to look at the fuel tank difference between 6th Gen and 8th Gen as well. That's some saved weight...

Maybe being down to 1 radiator helps, too?

• Member Contributer

IDK, seems about right to me. Not that I'd pay it, but that's the market these days.

I guess but $13.5k puts me right at the door of those RSV4 Factory deals that Aprilia has been pushing so hard recently...and at least the Ape has one set of cams that is driven by gears in each head...the regular RSV4 can be had cheaper than the base model VFR800 and the Tuono is in the same ball park as well.

How much do I love Honda? Getting harder to justify not buying an Italian mistress.

Like this...you can negotiate a better deal in person...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aprilia-RSV4-R-APRC-ABS-2013-aprilia-rsv-4-r-aprc-abs-/111268163098?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19e8196e1a&item=111268163098&pt=US_motorcycles

Real Brembo kit as well as fully adjustable USD forks and the APRC goodies.

I like it, looks to me like they should have come out with this after the 6th gen bike, instead of or in addition to the 1200.

The price seems competitive. But for that much cash I can buy 2 awesome used bikes in good shape.

My 2 Italian supermodels cost a little over $10k with tax.

So maybe in a few years I'll be looking at 2014 Interceptors in red. :happy:

2003 Tuono 4 sale! :warranty:

• Member Contributer

hahahahahahha

1st you state-side biatch and moan that it will not come to your shores

now it does and you biatch and moan about the price.....

I'd say Honda only sell it to people who have the money to pay for it cash, instead of financing it.....

:goofy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pm4fQRl72k

If I didn't own a mint and heavily modified and upgraded 5th Gen VFR I'd want the new 800. What I'd love Honda to do is take the 1200 motor and put it a bike more like the 800 but with a more sporting stance. Kinda like Aprillia. Probably won't happen, but I can dream.

Archived