Racetech Gold Rebound Kit Advise Needed

gig

• Member Contributer

I am replacing fork seals and bushings, and have racetech gold valve kit and springs. Is adding the rebound kit worth the investment? Thx

• Member Contributer

$170, I wont have external rebound adjustment on caps, one size fits all, which was my concern. $500 hel SS brake lines are on the way, so want to make sure any more $ are well spent. Thx

• Member Contributer

$170, I wont have external rebound adjustment on caps, one size fits all, which was my concern. $500 hel SS brake lines are on the way, so want to make sure any more $ are well spent. Thx

Find a set of used CBR F4i forks .. oops 99 41mm tubes no workie ..

• Member Contributer

I had Jamie retro fit my '01 forks with rebound adjustment internals as well as respring/revalve them. It was very affordable IMO. He also rebuilt a Penske rear shock at the same time and it came out much less than the cost of most aftermarket rear shocks alone!

• Member Contributer

Find a set of used CBR F4i forks .. oops 99 41mm tubes no workie ..

Late model CBR600F3 forks are what you are looking for. then you will have the external adjustment for rebound as well as compression...I feel it is money well spent.

• Member Contributer

Just so I understand, he would be swapping the entire forks (stanchions and sliders) and then need to de-link rear brakes due to removal of secondary master cylinder? Or does one fork tube have compression and the other have rebound adjuster and he would just be swapping out the internals?

• Member Contributer

^^ Yes but...all you really need unless you are de-linking your brakes is the internal parts and the caps so I have purchased bent F3 forks several times over the years and kept my VFR lowers and upper tubes.

That is good price if you need forks and triples for an F3 but you are buying a bunch of stuff you don't need.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Jamie install the kit on my 03 and I would definitely ....

AHHHHHHH! No I didn't! Everything I install is my own valving, I don't like to help out my competition!

As for an upgraded rebound, that only really helps the very aggressive or track riders. New shim stacks on the stock rebound valves is plenty for most riders. The trick is getting the correct shim stack setup, but that's where experience comes into play.

• Member Contributer

Jamie install the kit on my 03 and I would definitely ....

AHHHHHHH! No I didn't! Everything I install is my own valving, I don't like to help out my competition!

As for an upgraded rebound, that only really helps the very aggressive or track riders. New shim stacks on the stock rebound valves is plenty for most riders. The trick is getting the correct shim stack setup, but that's where experience comes into play.

I digress Jamie installed his stuff ..