Total Control Advanced Riding Clinics

OutlawsJustice

• Member Contributer

(sigh) I completely forgot about this. I didn't have the money to take the class but would have been nice to meet you folks. I'll set my sights on taking the October class. I sure could use this.

The "Trace" is a nice very scenic road and is close to me BUT there are other not so traveled fun roads around here with less LEO's

:goofy:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

David, Any update on the October class yet?

The boys and I are doing a track day in SC this weekend and I want to try to bring some more people for Total Control the next time you are in the area.

Keith

• Member Contributer

We are planning for October 3rd and 4th, still waiting to hear back if we can use the lot or need to find a new location.

Heading out Friday Morning for the 12 hour ride to georgetown Kentucky. I will be there for Level I and II this weekend.

• Member Contributer

Can you give me a week or two to try and sell it out with VFR's before you post the dates to the public? :wink:

• Member Contributer

Sure, I will keep the dates under wraps for the next couple weeks. So keep me posted!

when are the next Nashville classes?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Sure, I will keep the dates under wraps for the next couple weeks. So keep me posted!

October 3rd and 4th, but it's suppossed to be a secret to give the VFR guys a chance first before it opens to the public! So whos in?

• Member Contributer

October 3rd and 4th, but it's suppossed to be a secret to give the VFR guys a chance first before it opens to the public! So whos in?

Friday & Saturday?

Morning start on Friday may make it tough to attend....

• Member Contributer

As it stands right now it is a Level I on Friday and a Level II on Saturday. Level I is required before attneding Level II, but you do not have to attend Level II. You can Take Level I only or both, Some people like to put time between the classes, some like them back to back.

Start times are needed, we have a lot to cover and it takes ALL DAY! I will be riding in From NY so I will have about a 15 hour trip to make the classes!

• Member Contributer

As it stands right now it is a Level I on Friday and a Level II on Saturday. Level I is required before attneding Level II, but you do not have to attend Level II. You can Take Level I only or both, Some people like to put time between the classes, some like them back to back.

Start times are needed, we have a lot to cover and it takes ALL DAY! I will be riding in From NY so I will have about a 15 hour trip to make the classes!

OK, you got me beat... I'm only coming from STL

I put it on my calendar so I'll have to see if I can get two days off or maybe a late night ride down on Thurs PM

• Member Contributer

All you guys who want to ride faster or safer (or both) really need to pencil whip your schedule and attend:

David is a very good instructor who also owns a 3rd gen among his menagerie of motorcycles.

I will add a few of pics of 3 of his graduates from Aptil of this year at a track day weekend when I get back to my desk.

You really are spending too much time away from your desk.

I'm a maybe at this point. Wanting to and making it happen are just two different things.

• Member Contributer

David is giving VFR'ers first crack at this class.

He keeps the student/teacher ratio at 6/1 so we need few more "definitely's" before he posts this to his website early next week.

I may head there for the Saturday class if enough of you show and buy lunch for everyone so I can get on the range....

• Member Contributer

This is the link to register

http://www.nashvilleriders.com/index.php/total-control-registration-sp-750601465

As for bikes hard times forced me to sell a few of my bikes, but I have the VFR still in the stable.

Bikes sold in the last two years include my 1985 Honda Nighthawk-S, 1989 Honda CB1, and my 1990 Honda Hawk GT. All bikes that were hard to watch go. I did use my VFR to coach the Novice group at a track day this year!

Details

You must have completed Level I to be able to enroll for level II. If you need more details on what to bring to the class, what to wear or how to prepare you motorcycle please visit the Total Control Website at www.totalcontroltraining.net

I would like to take a moment to thank those local riders and members of the Nashville riders who have worked to make this class possible. Without the help and dedication of these riders we would not have the opportunity to bring this class to you! There is also a forums section on their website that can give you more details and information located at www.nashvilleriders.com

The location where we will meet up and have the classroom portion of the course will be held at:

UnCommon Grounds Coffee Shop
1053 Donelson Ave, Old Hickory, TN 37138

The "range" where we will be riding is the parking lot area behind the coffee shop across the street from the Old Hickory Community Center.

Total Control Course details
Time:
Course will start at 8:00 am for all class dates.
and will run until about 5:00 pm.

Payment and Deadline: Cost of the Class for this Location is $300 for Level I and $300 for Level II. If you have not already paid for your class, please take note that we need to make sure that payment (or arrangement for payment) needs to be received by the instructor before your spot in the class is confirmed. We have limited space available as the number of students registered determine what we can do. With one instructor we are limited to six students each day, so don't wait to confirm your spot. We will be creating a waiting list once the classes are full and determine if we need to or can add a second instructor to increase class size. David can be contacted via email at 92vmax@imcnet.net or by PM here on the forum!

• Member Contributer

I'd like for my GF and I to both take it, but that is $1200 plus hotel, travel, etc. so probably $1500 in the end. We'll have I talk about it this weekend.

You do not have to take both classes. I have a lot of folks just take Level I, then Come back for the next classes and take the Level II. Sometimes it is nice to have a break between the classes. Steve and the boys got a day between thier classes to go out and ride and practice, for them that worked. I do know that due to travel, and time sometimes getting them together is better. Also we normally charge $575 if you do both. Still a lot of you are talking about two people.

• Member Contributer

For anyone in New York or also on the Canadian Side of the border I now am teaching classes in Watertown New York. Limited to Six students. The next Class is August 9th, don't miss your chance, only two classes left for this year here. This is my own back yard!

The Total Control Advanced Riding Classes are now being offered right here in Watertown New York. These advanced riding classes are offered all over the U.S. Canada, and Europe and now you can take your riding skills to the next level right here in Watertown. The Classes are based on the material found in the No.1 best Selling book "Total Control" by Lee Parks.

The Tentative dates for the Classes here are:

Saturday July 19th with a start time of 8:00
Saturday August 9th with a start time of 8:00
Saturday September 6th with a start time of 8:00

These one day classes are limited to 6 students each so don't wait as classes do fill up fast and currently these are the only classes scheduled for Watertown this season.

The Classes are being held in Conjunction with B.O.C.E.S here in Watertown and you can get more details or sign up through B.O.C.E.S by contacting:

Georgia D. Dusckas, Ed.D.
Supervisor of Adult and Continuing Education
Jefferson-Lewis BOCES
20104 State Route 3
Watertown, NY 13601
(315) 779-7224
www.bocesadulted.com

You can find out more about the program, what it covers what you can expect etc, by visiting the web site at http://www.totalcontroltraining.net

I would encourage you to try it, or talk to a few people who have. There are many reviews out there, here are a few.

We Bike World
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-training/total-control/advanced-riding-clinic.htm

SVriders Forum (Great write up)

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98234&highlight=total+control

You can see some reviews from the Total Control Site
http://www.totalcontroltraining.net/HTML/Reviews.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

ok, Total Control Classes For nashville Tn. Are open for Enrollement. Firday october 3rd for Level I and Saturday October 4th for Level II. You can sign up here

http://www.nashvilleriders.com/index.php/total-control-registration-sp-750601465

the spots are filling fast as we already have six spots filled. Dont wait, get sighed up and reserve your spot!

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting all the great info.

Closest to us here on the West coast of Canada is the flat lands of Edmonton AB.

Been wanting to take a course for years. I'll have to order a book, then watch for scheduled schools.

Perhaps heading down to Olympia WA might be a better option.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting all the great info.

Closest to us here on the West coast of Canada is the flat lands of Edmonton AB.

Been wanting to take a course for years. I'll have to order a book, then watch for scheduled schools.

Perhaps heading down to Olympia WA might be a better option.

Well I cannot be everywhere! (I would like that) so for now I am sticking to the east coast. I am teaching in Toronto, New York, New hampshire, Kentucky, and Tenneesee. So who is coming to class in Watertowm NY or Nashville Tn?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived