Total Control Advanced Riding Clinics

OutlawsJustice

• Member Contributer

A couple members here have asked about and signed up for classes I will be teaching in Nashville this spring, so I thought I would post up some information in case anyone is interested in taking their riding to the next level!

You can find out more about the Program which is taught all over the U.S., Canada, and in Europe here www.totalcontroltraining.net

I have been teaching all types of motorized recreation for 20 years and have been involved with the Total Control program since 2006.

If you want to know what some others think of the class here are a few reviews for you to check out.

Web Bike World

www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-training/total-control/advanced-riding-clinic.htm

There are good articles and reviews on many forums, here is one from the SV riders

www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98234&highlight=total=control

If any one has questions feel free to ask.

post-29081-0-86435700-1390939732.jpg

post-29081-0-87875900-1390939764.jpg

post-29081-0-89143500-1390939849.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Almost forgot, I will be personally teaching classes:

Instructor Training and Level I in Ashland Virginia on March 30th 2014

Total Control Level II in Georgetown Kentucky on March 31st 2014

Total Control Level I in Nashville Tn. on April 3rd 2014

Total Control Level I in Nashville Tn. on April 4th 2014

Total Control Level II in Nashville Tn. on April 5th 2014

Then I will be teaching some Classes in New York, Toronto Canada, New Hampshire and various other locations throughout the year. (until I run out of vacation days at work!)

• Member Contributer

I always wondered about trailering a bike with another bike...

But I thinking along the lines of an ST pulling a sportbike... you know, long cruise to get to the twisty good stuff

I did not expect that! Well, good to know it can be done!!!

• Member Contributer

I will just copy a portion of my post from the introduction thread for David...

"Guys, David has gone out of his way to make sure that MiniCarver, TallCarver and myself are able to attend a couple of days of days of training in Nashville in early April after our March class in Tampa was cancelled.

Even though the Friday class was full he was able to open up another level I class and expand the waiting list for the level II class on Saturday.

I have privately solicited a few more VFRD'ers for the Lee Parks school on April 3 and 5 (April 4 is full) in Nashville but most have work or other obligations. If anyone can get away for the level I class on Thursday I hope you decide to join us. Many of you here could probably just jump to the Saturday class but either way I highly recommend David as he been great to work with.

Keith"

my bad, you need to have completed Total Control Level I as a prerequisite for Level II.

• Member Contributer

Added it to my calendar... don't know if I can make it, but I will try. I wanted to attend this same class in Springfield, MO a few years back with Rod from AR but it was canceled.

Nashville is a GREAT town and my old stompin' grounds... this'll give me a good excuse to return. Some AWESOME roads in that area for a full Saturday of riding between the two classes... just ask BR!

• Member Contributer

Hope you can make it Rush, the level I class is on Thursday and the level II class is Saturday. David will be riding home to New York on Sunday.

I am sure we can weasel a couple of good ride routes out of BR if he can't join us on Friday between classes. Me and the boys will definitely be going out for a ride to practice our level I curriculum.

Our group has reservations at the Hampton Inn in Goodlettsville.

The place I usually stay for business in Nashville is $40 more night than usual...maybe something going on there that week/weekend?

• Member Contributer

Everyone has to complete Level I before taking Level II, NONE of this stuff is basic, and everything in Level II builds on what we do in Level I so it is important.

As for the Nashville Area there are some great roads and great riding, I have been down to Nashville the last three years and have managed to get out and do some riding on several of my bikes.including riding the "Trace" on the VFR during the "Goverment shut done LOL A federal Highway that is all curves and that week there was NO ONE to patrol it! What a great day.

I had the opportunity to complete Levels 1 and 2 in the Toronto area, with David as one of my instructors.

For me, it was a terrific experience. I would offer two pieces of advice.

1. I found it beneficial, though it is not mandatory, to have read Lee Parks Total Control before attending the classes. It is the

book that the course is based upon.

2. Just relax and have a good time. The techniques are sound, and the instructors are there to help. Riders in my groups learned things about their riding they weren't even aware of.

Above all, enjoy the experience!

• Member Contributer

Everyone has to complete Level I before taking Level II, NONE of this stuff is basic, and everything in Level II builds on what we do in Level I so it is important.

As for the Nashville Area there are some great roads and great riding, I have been down to Nashville the last three years and have managed to get out and do some riding on several of my bikes.including riding the "Trace" on the VFR during the "Goverment shut done LOL A federal Highway that is all curves and that week there was NO ONE to patrol it! What a great day.

The Trace is one of my favorite roads... the only downside is the North end is heavily patrolled, especially on the weekends. To have a week with no Park Rangers... OMG, I would be in heaven!!!

You can ride that road forever and never hit a stop sign or a light... you'll run out of gas heading South before you have to stop.

• Member Contributer

The Trace is one of my favorite roads... the only downside is the North end is heavily patrolled, especially on the weekends. To have a week with no Park Rangers... OMG, I would be in heaven!!!

You can ride that road forever and never hit a stop sign or a light... you'll run out of gas heading South before you have to stop.

Ridden it 3 times and it was full of rangers ..

• Member Contributer

I have also taken levels 1 and 2 in Toronto with David as an instructor for level 1. I walked away from level 1 with a new found love for my VFR and level 2 with a much higher level of confidence and control that I later used at the California Superbike School. I will be back in the spring to complete the "refresher" course they offer to keep my skills sharp and set me up for riding after a long a cold winter.

• Member Contributer

Sorry I missed your Level II, I was scheduled to teach every class in Toronto, but had some problems last season and had to swap out a few. Trying to schedule so as that is not an issue this season! I like to come up a day early and bring the dirt bike and stop off at the Ganaraska Forest as well for some fun riding! I even took a Trails bike class last year while up there!

Let folks know we have the full 2014 schedule up on the Sharp Rider web site for Toronto!

• Member Contributer

I'll admit that the Natchez Trace is a beautiful ride with long sweepers and a must see. The tighter stuff is on the north end and the Park Rangers know it. If you get pulled over on the Trace, you will get a ticket and a hefty one from what I'm told. The Trace gets busy when the weather is warm (especially weekends) with caging sight seeing and many bicyclists so be aware. 50 mph is the maximum posted speed limit for most of the Trace. (it's over 400 miles long) Most of it is posted at 40 mph....just letting you know.

There are other roads around here however. :goofy:

Damn, I would love to do this but I doubt I have the money to do the Total Control class while it's here in April. I feel I can get more out of it than a more expensive track day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I now have two classes scheduled right here in my hometown for 2014! I will be offering two classes limited to six students each.

Sunday May 4th Start time at 8:00

Saturday July 19th with a start time of 8:00

The Classes are being held in conjunction with B.O.C.E.S. here in Watertown and you can get more information or sign up through B.O.C.E.S. by contacting

Georgia D. Dusckas, Ed.D.

Supervisor of Adult and Continuing Education

Jefferson-Lewis BOCES

20104 State Route 3

Watertown, NY 13601

(315) 779-7224

www.bocesadulted.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Weather is looking friendly in NashVegas next Tuesday...sunny and 72...we will be rolling in on Wednesday.

Looking forward to meeting you.

• Member Contributer

Hey pm me the address for the class tomorrow morning. We just arrived in the area and I forgot to write it down from your email a couple of months ago...

Thanks, keith

• Member Contributer

Never mind, I was able to search my old emails here at dinner.

See you at 8 in the rain. :-)

• Member Contributer

Oh my. I've been wanting to take this class for years. Poughkeepsie isn't too far from me...

Archived