Vfrjim2002 Went Down Today

WeazyBuddha

• Member Contributer

He was on the KLR.

I'm with him now. He looks better with the blood cleaned off.

Some good news! A witness showed up at the hospital and left his card.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum CEO

He is at McAllen Medical, I do not see that the hospital has a way to post messages for patients. I'll ask and if they do have something like that I will post up. Jim is now in ICU, a decision will apparently be made tomorrow on go-ahead with wrist surgery. I will update this thread with any news.

I know VFRD dudes and dudettes are awesome. I met some of you when Jim and I rode the HillCounty in 06 or was it 07. F'ing butterflies. I think all of us got covered from head to toe. One of the best things was signing the FLAF, is it still around?

There's a new FLAF now. Don't know what happen to the old one .

Use to spend a lot of time in South Texas before the sewing industry went far south and then far east ..

And use to fly into McAllen International Airport ..

The original flaf was lost by the USPS when I sent it to Oregon for the PNW a few years ago, never found it. Muff proposed that his wife make a new one more like a flag and she did some custom embroidery work on it and that one is called the Faux Flaf. Its sitting on top of my dresser right now! I would love to send it to you WeazyBuddha so you can take it to him and show our support!

PM me if you would please with contact info so I can do that - I can have it out to you by tomorrow if you get back to me.

• Member Contributer

Some good news! A witness showed up at the hospital and left his card.

He's really paying it forward. A nice reminder that there are still good people out there.

• Member Contributer

He is at McAllen Medical, I do not see that the hospital has a way to post messages for patients. I'll ask and if they do have something like that I will post up. Jim is now in ICU, a decision will apparently be made tomorrow on go-ahead with wrist surgery. I will update this thread with any news.

I know VFRD dudes and dudettes are awesome. I met some of you when Jim and I rode the HillCounty in 06 or was it 07. F'ing butterflies. I think all of us got covered from head to toe. One of the best things was signing the FLAF, is it still around?

There's a new FLAF now. Don't know what happen to the old one .

Use to spend a lot of time in South Texas before the sewing industry went far south and then far east ..

And use to fly into McAllen International Airport ..

The original flaf was lost by the USPS when I sent it to Oregon for the PNW a few years ago, never found it. Muff proposed that his wife make a new one more like a flag and she did some custom embroidery work on it and that one is called the Faux Flaf. Its sitting on top of my dresser right now! I would love to send it to you WeazyBuddha so you can take it to him and show our support!

PM me if you would please with contact info so I can do that - I can have it out to you by tomorrow if you get back to me.

Chief, cant help but notice you have changed something about the avatar ..

• Member Contributer

I'm very sorry to hear about Jim's accident. Hope he recovers ASAP. Broken wrists can make life much more difficult for a while.

Sending Big Positive Vibes your way Jim.

• Member Contributer

Surgery late yesterday seems to have gone well. Just got back from seeing him, today he was much more alert. He has a stream of colleagues from the university coming through so that's good. He will probably go home tomorrow sometime. Not having the use of his hands is 'gonna suck. He has about 7 weeks with some sort of metal fixation on his wrists before he even begins PT. Still no police report yet.

• Member Contributer

Hey guys. Thanks for all the positive energy. I was released from the hospital late Thursday afternoon and had the first follow up with the ortho yesterday. I'm cleared to two-finger-type. Woohoo. I count myself lucky on a bunch of levels. The injuries could have been a lot worse, but my helmet, jacket,and gloves did exactly what I bought them to do. I have great friends, great on-line friends great co-workers, a great wife and great kids. Just how good they are becomes all the more obvious at times like this.

Things about the other driver and the Klr's conditionare still pretty vague. That's on the agenda for next week. I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, Thanks again - YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

• Member Contributer

Great to see you are back home, and on the mend. Let us fellow VFRDers know if we can help out in any way. Here's to a quick recovery surrounded by the ones you love. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Whew - for a moment when I read the comment about two fingers my heart stopped. Glad you're intact and on the mend.

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but I'm glad to hear you're on the road to a full recovery.

Bikers always end up paying the price for other road user's indiscretions and stupid mistakes. I can recall only too clearly the almost similar circumstances I found myself in just over 2 years ago, that left me with not a mark on the outside thanks to proper safety gear, but a broken pelvis and other horrifying internal injuries for which I'm still undergoing medical treatment. The 66-year old lady driver of the car that drove into my path swore she simply did not see me, on a bright red bike with headlights blazing, in broad daylight too!

Rest well, Jim and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Archived