Vfrjim2002 Went Down Today

WeazyBuddha

• Member Contributer

Just got back home from the hospital.

My riding buddy, VFRJim2002, who is on this forum a lot more than I am went down today on his way to my house for a breakfast ride. He has two broken wrists and a concussion. Possible very small hematoma in the head.

Jim is responsive although in a bit of drug fog. It seems he will be fine. Surgery on his wrists likely tomorrow.

Jim was heading East riding through a green light (it had been green for awhile) and some girl who was or had been having a heated argument with her boyfriend (on the cell phone, apparently) proceeded to go forward on the Red.

Jim tried avoidance but apparently hit the Tahoe on the quarter panel. He remembers things right before the accident and next memory is of being in the ambulance.

It looks like his nose hit the chinbar 'cause he had quite a bit of dried blood around his nose and face and of course marks of the chinstrap.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I am sure it is safe to say that we all are happy it was not more serious and that we hope he has a speedy recovery to full ability. Cell phones :pissed: and driving.

Get well soon Jim!!!!

• Member Contributer

Wishing Jim a speedy recovery. I wish they would just ban cell phones entirely while driving!

• Member Contributer

That totally sucks. Best for his recovery. When I have those moments of "should I continue riding or just sell the bikes", it's stuff like this that crosses my mind. If the hospital has a get well email box for patients, please pass it along.

• Member Contributer

Second Cogswell's idea... Hospital get well/email box? Sad to hear someone is starting the year out like that. I was out for a bit today too and people just ARE NOT looking for us as I had a couple of dip shixx just come right over on me. :angry:

• Member Contributer

Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery to Jim and those close to him...

• Member Contributer

He is at McAllen Medical, I do not see that the hospital has a way to post messages for patients. I'll ask and if they do have something like that I will post up. Jim is now in ICU, a decision will apparently be made tomorrow on go-ahead with wrist surgery. I will update this thread with any news.

I know VFRD dudes and dudettes are awesome. I met some of you when Jim and I rode the HillCounty in 06 or was it 07. F'ing butterflies. I think all of us got covered from head to toe. One of the best things was signing the FLAF, is it still around?

Wishing Jim a speedy recovery. I wish they would just ban cell phones entirely while driving!

Yeah me too - get well soon, Jim. And cellphones ARE banned here while driving, but you still see people talking on them while driving, or - worse still - texting. And they still have crashes, but are quick to hide the cellphone, but often get caught out because the police will check the phone records if they're suspicious.

• Member Contributer

He is at McAllen Medical, I do not see that the hospital has a way to post messages for patients. I'll ask and if they do have something like that I will post up. Jim is now in ICU, a decision will apparently be made tomorrow on go-ahead with wrist surgery. I will update this thread with any news.

I know VFRD dudes and dudettes are awesome. I met some of you when Jim and I rode the HillCounty in 06 or was it 07. F'ing butterflies. I think all of us got covered from head to toe. One of the best things was signing the FLAF, is it still around?

There's a new FLAF now. Don't know what happen to the old one .

Use to spend a lot of time in South Texas before the sewing industry went far south and then far east ..

And use to fly into McAllen International Airport ..

• Member Contributer

It's been said quite a lot, never drive when you are not feeling 100%, that includes driving while mad or upset! I know that if I'm feeling under the weather or a little riled up, I avoid driving/riding as my concentration level is not where it should be. So insult to injury for this girl, having a fight with her boy friend and then causing an accident, lucky for her and especially for VFRJim2002, it could have been a lot worse. Get well soon Jim!

Archived