Prototype Turbo Kit For 90-97 Vfr750, Volunteer Bike Needed

I have a friend in Finland who has built and is still building a number of turbo bikes. We are looking for a European or Scandinavian member to provide a loaner bike so he can create a kit for the 3rd & 4th gen VFR.

Please speak up if interested. Bike will need to be delivered to Tampere, Finland.

Currently, the goal is to create a mild state of tune, to retain the durability and reliability that drew us to the VFR to begin with. A 50% power increase is expected.

I will add more to this thread over this weekend, just wanted to put the word out right now.

Thanks,
Seb

Edit: here are some pictures of this builder's work

584hp twin charged GSXR

DSC_0495-1.jpg

329-1.jpg

Team member on this 7.5sec funny bike project

1454747_603792233007331_1836590903_n.jpg

9.8 second Crew Cab(!) Duramax diesel truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkl6v5Cdoxo

• Member Contributer

I think Dan might be looking for someone to take over production of the A&A S/C kits. Any possibility of them being interested in that as well?

I'm working on compiling some pictures and details of his work.

His last personal build was a twin charged GSXR1100(old school air/oil cooled). Using a Blower and a turbo, custom fuel injection and mapping for the 10% Nitro/90% E85 ethanol blended fuel, he got 584hp at the wheel with stock internals. (!!)

• Member Contributer

His last personal build was a twin charged GSXR1100(old school air/oil cooled). Using a Blower and a turbo, custom fuel injection and mapping for the 10% Nitro/90% E85 ethanol blended fuel, he got 584hp at the wheel with stock internals. (!!)

Cool. That sounds like a very expensive grenade.

• Member Contributer

Motohorro??? No way! I am very much interested in seeing this develop…

• Member Contributer

Ship your VFR to a country that gave the world...............

:goofy:

Leningrad Cowboys!!!!1

leningrad.jpg

• Member Contributer

Find Keny on the Forum, he lives outside of Hanko, Finland, and even though he has a 5th Gen, he may know someone that has a 3rd/4th Gen.

One minor possible snag.........

Keny works for the state agency that tests/verifies vehicle roadworthiness and compliance with road vehicle regulations...

Find Keny on the Forum, he lives outside of Hanko, Finland, and even though he has a 5th Gen, he may know someone that has a 3rd/4th Gen.

One minor possible snag.........

Keny works for the state agency that tests/verifies vehicle roadworthiness and compliance with road vehicle regulations...

Precisely, he's our man on the inside!!!

Seb: After prototyping, will the bike be shipped back with turbo kit installed?

Anything is possible, but it won't be free if that's what you're asking. I imagine that the bike supplier might work something out with the builder.

The bike would, at minimum, be returned to the way it was delivered.

Cool. That sounds like a very expensive grenade.

A 23,000 Euro grenade, to be precise.

Motohorro??? No way! I am very much interested in seeing this develop…

Yes. I've been talking to Toni about doing this for years. Finally getting close enough to get the ball rolling.

• Member Contributer

From SEB: "A 23,000 Euro grenade, to be precise."

No offense intended, (I'm assuming none taken) I've built some 'fun while it lasted' stuff in my time too. HIs craftsmanship looks to be impeccable.

Well, I migth work for a agency that do roadworthy tests for cars, yes, but bikes ar not tested here still, and seem they will not in a near future ither. So long as the cops dont get intrested and stop and make a problem of it, its not a big deal. So many illegal bikes on the streets.....

I will see what I can do.

There is a nother VFRD member here from Finland, has a 3rd gen I recall, and did a VTR1000F fork mod to his bike, had a topic on that. Maybe he can help or want to do it?

• Member Contributer

Only in America.......... :goofy:

I even got Doug one so he could drag it back to South Carolina....

post-8974-0-54551800-1389087202.jpg

• Member Contributer

I really like that the basis for this potential kit is to use a fairly conservative amount of boost for a decent power increase yet still retain reliability and ride-ability. Although I'm sure Tony is calling you a little girl for not using a turbo the size of a small moon hey Seb?

I haven't logged on the forum in while and now that I did I find this. And the coincident is that I just so happen to live in Tampere so my bike is already here. I do however plan to ride my bike just as soon as the weather permits it and that'll be in three months time hopefully. I will be able to provide measurements and such though but I can't commit my bike to be the testbed for this kit.

Archived