Crewwolfy

• Member Contributer

I'll probably be taking the wife up to Malibu, provided the weather is nice enough. Nothing major mind you, just something to get us out of the house and me particularly, on the bike.

• Member Contributer

non-bike trip: end April my son and I will fly to Scotland for a grand tour of the Outer Hebrides in a Defender, camping where possible

Bicycle trip: in summer my son and I will cycle from NL to Luxemburg (I better stay in shape for this one)

Non-bike trip: familly holiday, taking the Megane to Italy

As for trips with redslut, nothing fixed. dreaming of heading north to Sweden... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Silly me, I thought on New Years Day! There are a few rides planned for next year, going to try and do another Central California ride with a few fellow VFR riders, going to try an overnight ride that was cancelled last year and hopefully a few trips to the track!

• Member Contributer

Well, let's see. With a young family (2, 3, 9), we will most certainly do the mandatory camping trips to a local campground. THEN, I was briefly considering Tmac, but I cannot take enough time off this summer, so it will have to wait for another year. On the VFR, maybe a quick jaunt to Alaska, from BC, Canada, to find peace and quiet and some incredible scenery, or the Interior (Nelson, Kamloops, Osoyoos?) for some of the best motorcycle roads in the country. Slight chance of a trip to Europe for work, just a few days, so not much time to enjoy myself of do sightseeing. That's it for now, and it can all change too.

Happy traveling people!!

C

• Member Contributer

Short term: Azusa Canyon to Crystal Lake on the 30th, Palomar Mountain to Julian on the 31st, and maybe something on the 1st but unsure due to traffic.

Mid term: Find a good 4th or 5th gen VFR for my wife.

Long term: A two week ride up and back down the west coast along PCH around May.

• Member Contributer

Well, let's see. With a young family (2, 3, 9), we will most certainly do the mandatory camping trips to a local campground. THEN, I was briefly considering Tmac, but I cannot take enough time off this summer, so it will have to wait for another year. On the VFR, maybe a quick jaunt to Alaska, from BC, Canada, to find peace and quiet and some incredible scenery, or the Interior (Nelson, Kamloops, Osoyoos?) for some of the best motorcycle roads in the country. Slight chance of a trip to Europe for work, just a few days, so not much time to enjoy myself of do sightseeing. That's it for now, and it can all change too.

Happy traveling people!!

C

So you are NOT flying over the Atlantic to sample my single malt collection????? :unsure::goofy:

Happy traveling people!!

C

So you are NOT flying over the Atlantic to sample my single malt collection????? :unsure::goofy:

I think we need a VFROC happening in your garden. :goofy:

Tmac in May

NL, Lux, Belg, Ger, France in July-August (with NO trip to the 'ring)

If you are in need of a guide trough the northern part of NL (i know most motorcycle friendly roads). Let me know.

Salt Lake in January for the Outdoor Retailer show. Anyone going?

Maybe Seattle in the spring.

Yosemite in June/ July with the family in the RV.

Was going to ride up to the moto GP until they cancelled it.

MI in the fall.

No bike trips though, except around SoCal. I want to do a guys weekend in the spring and ride the bike to Joshua Tree and go camping. Anyone in?

Need more vacation time. 2 weeks doesn't cut it.

• Member Contributer

T-Mac in May.

Road America, Wis, AMA races first weekend in June.

PNW + PCH + British Columbia and Alberta, Canada (hopefully to Ride With Olive and crew) in July-August.

Hog Tie in September.

So many roads; so little time. Should be a great year. :biggrin:

Thinking about a vfr800x for my European ride this year (I don't want to be tempted to go scratching because it is expensive when you fall off)

T-Mac and Indy MotoGP for sure.

Last year my GF and I took the week after MotoGP and rode the long way home (Bourbon Trail, Mammoth Cave, Louisville Slugger Plant, etc), which we will probably do something similar again.

• Member Contributer

Being the retired type , I try to ski and or ride @ least 4 days/week and get in a few days flyfishing and riding. Right now our snow pack sucks so I'm @ the coast riding in this beautiful weather. But I have to head home by next Wed, because pool league starts back up

• Member Contributer

non-bike trip: end April my son and I will fly to Scotland for a grand tour of the Outer Hebrides in a Defender, camping where possible

Bicycle trip: in summer my son and I will cycle from NL to Luxemburg (I better stay in shape for this one)

Non-bike trip: familly holiday, taking the Megane to Italy

As for trips with redslut, nothing fixed. dreaming of heading north to Sweden... :goofy:

flights booked! 23rd-30th April!

mapwesternisles.gif

Very cool, y'allz.

I've never actually taken a week off of work and done something, just staycations. I want to change that this year. I'll have to look over the ride reports, find some inspiration. :)

• Member Contributer

Very cool, y'allz.

I've never actually taken a week off of work and done something, just staycations. I want to change that this year. I'll have to look over the ride reports, find some inspiration. :)

Well Mr. Wolf, how's this for inspiration:

Sigh up for T-Mac, take the week before Memorial Day off for vacation, put that Givi rack to Good Use, and I'll pick you up on my way down to Franklin, NC. I can almost guarantee you: sore jaw and abs from all the laughter, sore butt from all the riding, faces to go with all the best VFRD members, and memories that will last your lifetime.

"Life is short; so ride"!

How's that for inspiration?!

Archived