Master Cylinder Sight Glass Removal/replacement How-To Video

tomk1960

• Member Contributer

Here's my newest instructional video showing how to remove and replace the yellowed, cracked old sight glasses found on many Honda front brake and clutch master cylinders. The master cylinder shown in this video is from a CB1100F, but the procedure is identical to what's involved in replacing the sight glasses on many of the Honda master cylinders.

Once again, this was shot and edited by my son-in-law Jordan, and this time it features some original blues guitar music by my son Joey.

Hope you find this helpful. There will be at least one more video posted later tonight and two more coming within a week.

Tom

• Member Contributer

Great Tom, thanks for taking the time to do this. It's a pleasue to listen to an instructional video without alot of "umms" and "uhhs". Top notch as usual.

• Member Contributer

Very Cool. Thanks Tom. I have wondered for quite some time whether or not that sight glass was repairable or not. The glass on my clutch window is getting a bit cloudy and I was under the impression that the only way to fix this was to purchase a new one. Maybe I will try replacing the sight glass first and see if that works first.

• Member Contributer

Great video, well done. I wish the sight window in my '86 looked as good as the one you removed in the video, I will have to tackle this one day.

Archived