Exclusive Canadian Deal On The Screaming Banshee Horn System For Vfrd

HumalogAddict

Question

• Member Contributer

Hi guys.

I’m currently the exclusive Canadian distributor for the Screaming Banshee horn system (www.screaming-banshee.ca) and wanted to offer my fellow Canadian members an awesome deal on this product for the Holidays.

I actually discovered the product on here when someone posted about their Kickstarter project since the inventor rides a VFR. I bought one of the first ones, absolutely loved it and after a summer of riding with it and a few avoided close calls, I contacted them to offer to translate the website in French so people in Quebec could know about it. Then one thing led to another… :biggrin:

Anything that can help us be less invisible on the road is an incredible plus for all riders as far as I am concerned and that is the main reason why I decided to embark on this venture.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the product, it supplements your current useless oem horn and allows you to signal your presence by being heard and seen in a fraction of a second. Tap your horn button and your oem one works. Hold your horn button for more than a half or a quarter second (there are two settings) and an insanely loud 135dB horn kicks in, pulses for maximum effect and the system also automatically flashes your high beams. This all lasts for as long as you hold the horn and stops as soon as you let go.

The website has videos and a complete FAQ but don’t hesitate to ask here or to contact me directly for more details. As you will see on the website, there are a few different models to choose from (black, chrome, split or plug and play).

So I am offering free shipping (usually 15$) and a 10% off discount to fellow VFRD members. You can contact me directly instead of ordering on the website and I will send you the PayPal invoice.

You can also like us on our Facebook page here.

Take back YOUR place on the road!

Thanks and safe riding.

PH

21 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

The prices slightly vary depending on the model chosen.

Black: 119.99$

Split (useful in tight spaces as the compressor and flutes are split): 129.99$

Chrome: 129.99$

Plug & Play (all in one design but slightly quieter as it is not a compressor but rather a diaphragm horn): 119.99$.

I have an ABS 6th gen and installed mine just bellow the gold colored bracket that holds up the horizontal coolant hose just above the front head. This means it is out in the open between the front forks to allow maximum effect. The inventor had the non-abs version and he installed it inside the left side fairing right near the top. This was not possible with the ABS version though (trust me, I tried). It can basically be installed wherever you want though.

I did indeed mean less invisible in the third paragraph :fing02:

Thanks for the interest.

• Member Contributer

For those who contacted me about this but did not order, today would probably be last day to order where you should get it by Christmas day. You know, so you can wrap it, put in under the tree with your name on it, get drunk, forget what's in the box, open it and be happily surprised with how thoughtful you are :goofy:

Let me asap as I will be swinging by the post office this afternoon.

• Member Contributer

Simply wanted to let everyone know that this deal is still ongoing and has transformed into a "when will this frikking winter ever end" sale :biggrin:

Let me know if you have any questions.

G'day PH

What model would best fit a fifth generation 1997 VFR best ?

Also can you post to Australia.

Cheers

Matt

Are you sure you have a 5th Gen?? Over here in the US, the 4th Gen was sold from 94 to 97 model years....

• Member Contributer

Hey Matt.

Thanks a lot for the interest in our product.

I am unfortunately not that familiar with the available space on a 97 having myself a 2004. The black unit is about 12 x 12 x 8cm (you guys use metric right?). The control unit is about the size of a box of matches so that can fit anywhere. If you can find a place to fit the horn, then I would go for the black model simply because it is 10$ cheaper. The horn can be mounted to any bolt on the bike or can be mounted to a bracket of your choice/making. If not, the split unit can easily be mounted anywhere. With this model, the air compressor and the flutes are separated and linked by 3 feet of hosing that you can cut to the length you need. They both have the exact same end result. Tap your horn to use the OEM one, hold it to activate the pulsing super loud horn and flash your high beams. It makes you sound like an 18 wheeler and people tend move away from those :biggrin:

I could not do free shipping to Australia but I would be happy to offer the 10% off and knock off the 15$ I am offering for free shipping in Canada from whatever actual shipping is.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

Thanks PH, I sus out the sizes from the measurements you supplied and get back to you. We use metric in Australia for 95% of things.

Beck my Vfr800 was one of the first ones made in 1997.

Cheers Matt.

• Member Contributer

Just a little bump to let everyone know this offer was still on the table for my fellow VFRD members :fing02:

Hit me up here or by PM if you have any other questions.

Take back YOUR place on the road with Screaming Banshee!

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

I like beer and I have eaten part of a moose.... do I count as honorary Canadian?

What are the costs for a yankee?

• Member Contributer

Those two things would indeed make you an honorary Canadian :biggrin:

Let me have a look at what shipping would be to you and I will get you a price. With our current crappy exchange rate (well, the awesome exchange rate for you), this may indeed come out to being a better deal than getting it from the main supplier in the USA.

I'll get back to you shortly.

Thanks for the interest!

• Member Contributer

Well after looking into this, it seems I would have to sign up for and collect US taxes to this legally. The potential of you guys having to pay import fees for a product I have myself imported from the US also makes this all a little too complicated.

However, I am looking into getting a special price for our US members directly from the US supplier. I'll have a little more info in the next few days for this and will keep you all posted :wheel:

• Member Contributer

I like beer and I have eaten part of a moose.... do I count as honorary Canadian?

Depends on the beer...

• Member Contributer

Depends on the beer...
Was a Molson's drinker for years... was enamoured with the Brador when in Montreal... and Labatt seemed to find ita way into the fridge...

The video in the first post has left me wondering why one would install this device or use it on the roads. If someone is about to cut you off or move into your lane on the freeway I would think the first action would be braking and or swerving to avoid a crash. Where does this horn come in other than to honk at a driver after the fact. Does anybody swerve, brake, and lean on the horn at the same time? Probably not. In the many decades I've been riding I can't remember ever using the horn in an emergency situation. It's been a few years since I've even touched the horn button. It seems to serve no other purpose other than to display your anger for all to hear.
A good defensive riding strategy would make this device pretty well redundant.
I suppose you might chase some animals off the road ahead but you would still have to brake and avoid anyway.
The only purpose I can see for this horn is if your bike did not have a braking system and relied on a clear path ahead to keep you out of trouble.

• Member Contributer

The video in the first post has left me wondering why one would install this device or use it on the roads. If someone is about to cut you off or move into your lane on the freeway I would think the first action would be braking and or swerving to avoid a crash. Where does this horn come in other than to honk at a driver after the fact. Does anybody swerve, brake, and lean on the horn at the same time? Probably not. In the many decades I've been riding I can't remember ever using the horn in an emergency situation. It's been a few years since I've even touched the horn button. It seems to serve no other purpose other than to display your anger for all to hear.

A good defensive riding strategy would make this device pretty well redundant.

I suppose you might chase some animals off the road ahead but you would still have to brake and avoid anyway.

The only purpose I can see for this horn is if your bike did not have a braking system and relied on a clear path ahead to keep you out of trouble.

Proactive use of the horn can prevent many of the issues you mention... i rarely wait to act until someone has put me in a defensive position. Most car/bike issues occur because they honestly don't know your there...the stock horn is a joke. As you mention, the horn is also great for scattering deer. I never use my horn to express anger or discontent after the fact

• Member Contributer

Well after looking into this, it seems I would have to sign up for and collect US taxes to this legally. The potential of you guys having to pay import fees for a product I have myself imported from the US also makes this all a little too complicated.

However, I am looking into getting a special price for our US members directly from the US supplier. I'll have a little more info in the next few days for this and will keep you all posted :wheel:

:lurk:

• Member Contributer

Hey Tamworth, thanks for the feedback, it is always welcome.

This product will never replace swerving to avoid an impact of course. If you are at the point where you are going to hit something, honking as loud as you want will not help. This is not what this product was intended for though. This horn system helps avoid being in such a situation in the first place.

You (like many other riders) don’t seem to use your horn. Why is that though? Because conventional horns on motorcycles simply do not work. They are never loud enough to do what they are intended to do, warn others of your presence. They are so useless that you and many others have simply stopped using them altogether.

Having something that people will hear and see and that will make you sound much bigger than you are seems like a no brainer though. This makes you sound like an 18 wheeler and people back off even before they realize what you are. The visual and sonorous variation this produces is incredibly effective to signal your presence in a fraction of a second.

This product gives you an additional tool in your arsenal against riding alongside other careless, distracted, stupid, texting/eating/using their cell/ etc drivers. As far as I am concerned, anything that will help is greatly welcome. I certainly hope someone will not need to use this system everyday as that would mean they are commuting in a ridiculously dangerous area. But in that moment where you do need it, it may save your life and may prevent an accident. The price these go for seem to me like a very small price to pay for such an investment. That’s why I bought one. That’s why after a year of using it I contacted the head company and offered to translate their website in French in order to save more potential lives. That’s why I decided to become a distributor. It’s not my main job and I don’t make very much on these but honestly knowing that this thing will save lives makes it all worth it to me.

Here are three quick scenarios (of many many other potential ones) in which swerving is not an option:

A) highway, you are in the middle of three lanes. There is a car in front of you, one in back, and the left lane is full. The car to your right decides they are merging into your lane as they did not see you (this driver either puts their flasher on or simply starts merging). You have nowhere to escape to (braking, accelerating and swerving are all non-options). What do you do?

B) residential area, two lanes, one in each direction. Driver backing out of their driveway, never saw you coming as it’s raining and dusk, oncoming cars prevent you from swerving into the other lane. What do you do? Emergency stop, accelerate like hell? This product allows you to slow down and warn them of your presence instead, allowing you to continue on your route.

C) city driving, coming up to an intersection, a car in the opposite direction is waiting to turn left. They are talking on the phone, obviously distracted. You know the feeling, “I don’t trust that car”. Not sure if they saw you or not. What do you do? Hope they saw you? Why not make sure they saw you and prevent the potentially dangerous situation before it happens?

And yes, although it is not it's intended use and I don't use it that way, it is also incredibly effective to express yourself after the fact if you choose to do so :goofy:

this past labor day weekend I was coming around a corner to which someone in a truck was pulling out of a driveway and I laid on the horn and he stopped I was pulling off onto the shoulder but the horn stopped him and my friends and I carried on without an issue

Archived