New Cct With Enlarged 2.75Mm Oil Port

spud786

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And switchblade might appreciate this, what near a year later, Made the 5th attempt to retrieve the missing cap and walla I got it. I ended up taking the worm , cause that was the only thing I could get down in there , but the magnet was to small, So I duck taped and tie wrapped a big magnet to the worm and walla I get it out. It actually wasnt deep, there must be a channel off to the side, the small magnet I guess kept missing it.

Switchblade was confused , he thought the one I found on the shelf was it, but it wasn't, there was still one in the motor.

But yay, I finally got it!!

Anyway, this kind of event, jacked my whole thread, it was about the 2.75mm oil port modification. that has done very well.

• Member Contributer

Glad to hear about the cap. I know that feeling when something drops in the engine and even though you hear no bad noises or such you still wonder what harm might be going on that will eventually rear it's head and the relief when you finally fish it out. I will be replacing front and rear CCT's this off season and have been watching this thread. Seems like so far all has been good. It makes sense that drenching the CCT in more oil can only help. How many miles so far have you been running with the enlarged hole mod?

• Member Contributer

And switchblade might appreciate this, what near a year later, Made the 5th attempt to retrieve the missing cap and walla I got it. I ended up taking the worm , cause that was the only thing I could get down in there , but the magnet was to small, So I duck taped and tie wrapped a big magnet to the worm and walla I get it out. It actually wasnt deep, there must be a channel off to the side, the small magnet I guess kept missing it.

Switchblade was confused , he thought the one I found on the shelf was it, but it wasn't, there was still one in the motor.

But yay, I finally got it!!

Anyway, this kind of event, jacked my whole thread, it was about the 2.75mm oil port modification. that has done very well.

Yeah !!!!!

• Member Contributer

Well 10,000 miles is proof enough. Even if it extends the longevity to 10,000 miles it is still a major improvement. Amazing how Honda, or any manufacturer for that matter, doesn't monitor forums of their products to get feedback and fixes. If their under lubricating CCT's are is a genearal rule, which seems likely since when you look at other Honda model forums you hear the same complaint, then this something they should do some research on.

Front tensioner

With the original oil port hole in the METAL gasket is a pin hole, the theory is its limiting oil flow and as a result, is causing dry tensioners and or premature wear which results in the internals of the tensioner rattling. The rattle can be any where from a KLACK KLack noise, to actually hearing the spring inside the tensioner Twanging. By increasing the size of the gasket hole to 2.75mm. you are dramatically increasing oil flow through the tensioner, with the expectation to eliminate tensioner replacement or dramatically improve the life of a noise free environment, and use any oil that you want.

Some thought there would be negative side effects, like once engine stopped, oil would drain out of the tensioner because of the larger hole, Ive seen zero negativity only perfection of a noise free environment thus far.

On a side note what people typically see with tentioner rattle, is they start the bike noise free and with a few minutes later they hear klack klack noise, and 5 miles down the road it goes quiet , then they just have intermittent klack at times. Certain oils to seem to have an effect with this type of noise, but with the increased oil flow, oil choice shouldn't matter, cause plenty of oil is getting into the tensioner with the mod.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

I replaced my front one a couple of K miles ago with the gasket hole mod and no problems to report

Archived