5Th Gen Bolt On Tail Swap?

vfrAustin

The mid pipe & can need a little nip/tuck action now... angled up & pulled into the bike a bit more.

If you chop it and mark it, I can weld it back together for you

What's the round hole in the tray for?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

The mid pipe & can need a little nip/tuck action now... angled up & pulled into the bike a bit more.

If you chop it and mark it, I can weld it back together for you

What's the round hole in the tray for?

The wires to the RR will run through there. The RR sits just at the edge of the underside of the fiberglass tail. I know it is a unique location but I feel it will be sitting in an air scoop, of sorts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

The tail makes it look stretched a tad, kinda mean looking here where i normally can't stand extended swing arms. Cut the can down, its a cheap option. Good job!

• Member Contributer

Looking killer man. The subframe came out really nice. I think the can could stand to come toward the front of the bike a couple of inches and up toward the tail a couple of inches as well. I understand wanting to wait until you have the right pipe however.

Otherwise I agree with incorporating just a bit more black on the forward fairings somewhere low, and maybe a black fender?

Any way you end up going I'm sure it's going to be a looker!

• Member Contributer

The tail makes it look stretched a tad, kinda mean looking here where i normally can't stand extended swing arms. Cut the can down, its a cheap option. Good job!

I will, I cant stop myself :fing02: THX

Have you decided on a taillight yet?

I keep buying stuff and not liking it..................????.........

Looking killer man. The subframe came out really nice. I think the can could stand to come toward the front of the bike a couple of inches and up toward the tail a couple of inches as well. I understand wanting to wait until you have the right pipe however.

Otherwise I agree with incorporating just a bit more black on the forward fairings somewhere low, and maybe a black fender?

Any way you end up going I'm sure it's going to be a looker!

Thanks. I am shooting the front fender Black.

• Member Contributer

If I were to be so bold as to offer a suggestion, how about a shorty CF can from Delkevic. The slightly shorter can might make the tail of the bike look a bit shorter and would add a bit of darker color to the back of the bike. Normally I am a fan of the brighter style cans like aluminum, or polished stainless but I think the CF would add to the overall aggressive look of the bike. Here is a link to the Delkevic site for the can I mentioned. They also have a stubby 9" CF can but it would be a fair bit louder I would imagine whereas the 14" can might bring the end of tail in line with the end of the exhaust, while not being as loud. Just a thought..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Stubby-Carbon-Fiber-Muffler-Silencer-Exhaust-Slip-on-Honda-VFR800-Fi-1998-01-/190878653021?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c71411a5d&vxp=mtr

Here is a link to some of the other style exhaust slip-ons that Delkevic offers as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdelkevic+exhaust+for+vfr800&_nkw=delkevic+exhaust+for+vfr800&_sacat=0&_from=R40

• Member Contributer

If I were to be so bold as to offer a suggestion, how about a shorty CF can from Delkevic. The slightly shorter can might make the tail of the bike look a bit shorter and would add a bit of darker color to the back of the bike. Normally I am a fan of the brighter style cans like aluminum, or polished stainless but I think the CF would add to the overall aggressive look of the bike. Here is a link to the Delkevic site for the can I mentioned. They also have a stubby 9" CF can but it would be a fair bit louder I would imagine whereas the 14" can might bring the end of tail in line with the end of the exhaust, while not being as loud. Just a thought..........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Stubby-Carbon-Fiber-Muffler-Silencer-Exhaust-Slip-on-Honda-VFR800-Fi-1998-01-/190878653021?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c71411a5d&vxp=mtr

Here is a link to some of the other style exhaust slip-ons that Delkevic offers as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdelkevic+exhaust+for+vfr800&_nkw=delkevic+exhaust+for+vfr800&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Appreciated! I post for feedback and ideas. More the merrier.

• 1 year later...

almost anything is possible...we mounted a 7G tail to a 5G....

Do you have any details on this? I just happen to have all (that i can think of) parts to do this. How did it work out?

Oh man, I like my red chain. :laugh2:

VFR4Lee,

I know your posts, your all about riding. I would bet a C note that you do NOT have a colored chain.

I know I am right. :beer:

Holy thread revival Batman.

Nope, wrong wrong. And since this is the internet... :tongue:

post-208-0-57165000-1455673842.jpg

• Member Contributer

I seldom visit this forum anymore and so my post is a little on the late side. In any event, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Bioblade. For those of you that don't recall, it's a 5G VFR with an 8G CBR1k sub-frame / rear cowl. All other fairings are track day plastics for an RC51. Although nothing was a direct bolt-on, it goes to show what can be done with a little ingenuity and elbow grease.

A couple European guys built it a few years ago.

post-8583-0-59047400-1455697485.jpg

• Member Contributer

And the guys from the Belgium MC magazine that build it wrote that the seating position was highly uncomfortable.... :goofy:

Archived