Re-Locating To Co. Springs

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Hey guys!

Just wanted to put up a post to warn all you suckers in the Rocky Mountain area that I'm coming, and I figure 6 weeks is enough advanced notice. :-)

I'll be trapped in an apartment again, but it's looking like I might have a garage worked in to the deal.

Seriously looking forward to the riding season in the high country. I've never ridden in the Rockies.

A new job is taking me 600 miles from home, and I'm really looking forward to the change. Hopefully, I'll be able to offer up some workshop space if anyone is going through the area and has some trouble.

Looking forward to meeting a few of you mountain zone folks when the riding season kicks off!

-Yokel

• Member Contributer

First off; congratulations on the new job. Second; I am so JEALOUS of you moving to CO. I have wanted to live in CO for some time now and it's only gotten worse since our son is at the University of Denver.

To get up in the morning and look out at mountains!

Way to go Jon!!!

• Forum CEO

Welcome Jon, I am sorry to say thats its awful here, the roads are all pot holes. The scenery looks great from a distance but once your in the mountains its like 5 degrees out all the time. Tons of RV's in the way all the time, and the beer sucks! Yea you dont want to come here except on vacation, LOL :goofy:

• 2 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Somewhat of a thread revival, I know, but this thread pretty much sums up my situation. Just got a job as a mechanic at Bicycle Village and am moving up from Arlington, TX. Any of you reprobates still around these parts?

• Member Contributer

TheLimey,

Jon was recently in Europe on a business trip and Miguel aka Hispanic Slammer, the VFRD CEO was going to join him there for some touring after his business was completed. Don't know if they have returned yet, but there are others still around I'm sure. You might get a better response if you originate a thread and introduction, though it appears you are an existing member. Good luck! Hope all the storms missed you!

• Member Contributer

TheLimey,

Jon was recently in Europe on a business trip and Miguel aka Hispanic Slammer, the VFRD CEO was going to join him there for some touring after his business was completed. Don't know if they have returned yet, but there are others still around I'm sure. You might get a better response if you originate a thread and introduction, though it appears you are an existing member. Good luck! Hope all the storms missed you!

Fortunately, the storms were all a bit further east from where I live, although my friend's house was hit. He was lucky enough to be out at the time.

I have a good group of guys I ride with down here and do the odd track day with, I was hoping there would be some guys in CO who could show me the ropes.

Mr. Slammer, Sir, I've read a few of your posts and look forward to the possibility of being able to pick your brains in person. I'm planning on running F4i suspension both ends, and am currently researching shim stacks with the view to tuning the forks and shocks myself.

Cheers guys,

Luke

• 9 months later...

Archived