Are There Any Honda Rearsets That Will Fit A 6Th Gen Lower?

Rush2112

Question

• Member Contributer

Are there any inexpensive Honda parts bin rearsets that will fit a 6th gen lower engine cushion? I.e. CBR 929/954/1000 RC51 etc.

I'm trying to build a 5th gen track bike and I'm considering a 6th gen cushion to allow me some options with the rear sets. I want to go 1 up, 5 down on the shift pattern.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks....

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

OMG Look I found a set that fits the sixth gen!!!

Very nice Mr CRRC... but I'm thinkin' those are Sato and not Honda parts bin cheapo replacements

• Member Contributer

OK, I got the CBR rear cushion in today and it's a NO - GO! :sad:

Waaaay too skinny at the mounting points to fit onto the back of the VFR engine. Not even close. Sorry Mohawk, not only are the rearset mounts not the same, the cushion won't fit at all.

Looks like the 5-6 are interchangeable only, and not a lot of aftermarket support for rearsets on the 6G. Shoot, I was really hoping for that one. Mostly to recoup the $40 I spent on it... :angry:

BTW, there are a couple part#'s for CBR 929 and 954 rear cushions, best I can tell is that one year was black.

Apologies for the duff info. I know some people have put 6th gen swing arms on 929's & others have put 929 swingarms on 5/6th gens ! Thus I assumed they must be a close fit.

Of all the stuff the Chinese copy but not rear set's ?

I am checking on Chinese knock-offs of the Sato right now. I am trying to make my 6th Gen a better track bike. The stock footrests touch down way too easily and gave me a few rude shocks while I was in full lean. :wacko:

Let us know what you find, I'd be interested. My Danmoto CBR600 F4i rearsets turned up yesterday, looks like they can be made to work on the VFR with a little effort.

Ironically, it looks like they will bolt straight on to my TRX :491:

• Member Contributer
  • Member Contributer

just save up for the satos

Lol... just dropped 7 bills on a Rapidbike setup!

...too many other competing expenses, my feet come last!

that plate didn't look difficult to make though. but hey. it's better value than a 500 dollar sato set. as nice as they are.... lol

ALSO

If you are looking to facilitate the addition of the quickshifter on your bike, I am putting my bike under the knife maybe next weekend when I take delivery of my RBR Quickshift setup later on this coming week. Ill let you folks know how that goes in a seperate thread. In short, I am tapping the gear lever, and tapping either the frame, or the sprocket cover to facilitate a similar linear linkage to engage the speedshift with the lever, as if it Had linkage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfWRX-s4yF0

that illustrates the General gist of what's in store for me. Not too tough. Some patience a ruler, a cordless drill and the patience to tune the engagement point.

Archived