1. 1. What Gen is it?

• its a 6.3
    • its an 8
    • its something else
    • i dont care

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I am fortunate in that my 4th gen has all fibreglass panels and the finish is excellent.

How does the fiberglass stuff look compared to OEM?

So now I have the 8th gen VFR, and it's really interesting to follow the controversial opinions about it. The saying about not being able to please everyone rings more true here than ever before. But the more I think about it, the more I like it. And the more I'm happy that I chose not to buy an older model or even a different bike altogether.

The finish on the fibreglass panels on the 4th gen is better than the OEM finish was because it has a thick coat of clearcoat over the colour.

Yes you cant please everyone and if you want a brand new VFR then there aren't too many options.

• Member Contributer

Yes I am fortunate in that my 4th gen has all fibreglass panels and the finish is excellent.

How does the fiberglass stuff look compared to OEM?

So now I have the 8th gen VFR, and it's really interesting to follow the controversial opinions about it. The saying about not being able to please everyone rings more true here than ever before. But the more I think about it, the more I like it. And the more I'm happy that I chose not to buy an older model or even a different bike altogether.

The finish on the fibreglass panels on the 4th gen is better than the OEM finish was because it has a thick coat of clearcoat over the colour.

Yes you cant please everyone and if you want a brand new VFR then there aren't too many options.

Sure there are options. 2014 or 2015! LOL...

I don't think there are any 2009 leftovers remaining.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Honda, too frugal for there on good. They devoted too much time to the Africa twin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Maybe someone should forward this to Honda...1.5 million people seem to be interested in the vfr800 class.

And they don't even bring it to the motorcycle show(s) . . . :huh:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

My third VFR. 5th gen., 6th gen., 8th gen. They all have their attributes and drawbacks.

RC36 looks beautiful Dogman. Very nice touch with the white HONDA on the RC79.

Cheers.

Grum

Thanks. The 750 is very nice to ride as well with RC51 front end and Wilbers 641 on the rear.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Yes......we need buttons. How do I vote? 8th, 4th,1st gen. Those terms were new to me when I joined this forum. For me, it's RC30, RC36, RC45, RC79 etc. Maybe it's a generational thing?

Archived