• its a 6.3
    • its an 8
    • its something else
    • i dont care

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Switch, are you saying the the most popular religion in (y)our neck of the woods (capitalism) is humiliating????? ;-)

I'm probably going to stir up a hornet's nest with this remark, but...

The VFR1200 is more akin with the ST1300, so it should be stripped of the "7th gen" title, and it should be given to the new VFR800!

(Activating flame suit)

I'm probably going to stir up a hornet's nest with this remark, but... The VFR1200 is more akin with the ST1300, so it should be stripped of the "7th gen" title, and it should be given to the new VFR800! (Activating flame suit)

You know what's even more humiliating Honda will cut the price on the 7th gens and the 8th gens will be priced higher and sale more units.

I'd be interested in seeing what they might drop the prices down to on the 7th gens.

I will agree with DannyTB, though, about the 1200 having more in common with the ST1300. I never really considered the 1200 a true sucessor to the 6th gen. It's an all together different beast. It would be like saying if Yamaha had killed the R6, that the R1 was the next generation.

post-25786-0-12998200-1384317941.jpg

LOL, the 1200 is called a VFR by Honda, guess what, that makes it a VFR not an ST, and its the 7th Gen. The 2014 is the 8th Gen, democratically endorsed, end of story :goofy:
What would Honda know about VFR's? Don't they know that we want them to release a VFR800 with USD forks so we'll all have a new bolt-in upgrade for our 5/6 gens? LOL
^^^ So.... what is its RC designation?
Probably same as the 5G...RC46
Isn't Mello asking about the VFR1200?

• Member Contributer

LOL, the 1200 is called a VFR by Honda, guess what, that makes it a VFR not an ST, and its the 7th Gen. The 2014 is the 8th Gen, democratically endorsed, end of story :goofy:

What would Honda know about VFR's? Don't they know that we want them to release a VFR800 with USD forks so we'll all have a new bolt-in upgrade for our 5/6 gens? LOL

hard to say since he doesn't reference a previous post, but since the 1200 is over a certain engine size (900cc IIRC or maybe 850?) it get's the SC chassis designation just as the "RC51" officially had...American Honda thought RC51 sounded like a better follow up to the RC45 so...the rest is history.

What is the chassis designation for the VF1000R? I think it may be SC12 but I can't recall right now.

Are you suggesting that Mello would only accept a VFR if the engine is small enough to have a chassis designation from Honda that is in the RC range?

• Member Contributer

hard to say since he doesn't reference a previous post, but since the 1200 is over a certain engine size (900cc IIRC or maybe 850?) it get's the SC chassis designation just as the "RC51" officially had...American Honda thought RC51 sounded like a better follow up to the RC45 so...the rest is history.

What is the chassis designation for the VF1000R? I think it may be SC12 but I can't recall right now.

Are you suggesting that Mello would only accept a VFR if the engine is small enough to have a chassis designation from Honda that is in the RC range?

Whoa, dunno whats going on but -- ok - refering to the new 800 -- why not RC47? So the 1200 is an SCxx designation?

Waht would I accept? That's easy, any parts that wouid fit on my 5th gen.... :beer:

Waht would I accept? That's easy, any parts that wouid fit on my 5th gen.... :beer:

Will the 1200's USD forks bolt onto an 800? If so, I might maybe possibly consider forgiving Honda for making such an obese "VFR" that sounds like a sewing machine, if I'm feeling really extremely generous... ;)

• Member Contributer

It is something else.

Are all the VF bikes lumped in as 1st Gens? There are a lot of them!

Yes all of the VF's are first gen bikes...it is open for debate regarding the 85-86 VF1000R as it had GDC engine but other than the stand alone RC30 and RC45 racing homologation models the lineage is pretty clear.

Even the RC46 and RC51 share some engine architecture/similarities with the RC45...

• Member Contributer
why not RC47?

That sounds like the racing version of the Douglas C-47 Skytrain (DC-3 civilian). It was the backbone of air transport during WWII. It might not be something they'd want to name it considering it was a huge factor in the outcome of the war. :unsure::wink:

What of the RC213V, which is 1000cc? Not that we see any of them on the road, nor are they given the VFR name...

• Member Contributer

VF1000R = SC16

Elvis has left the building......

It is the 8th gen. :-)

Elvis is alive!!

7th gen!!!!

Archived