'86 Vf1000R Restoration Begins

Kel

• Member Contributer

Up in Maine? I think I saw the ad and was concidering calling, but figured I need to finally finish my restoration before starting another.

Yep, and glad you didn't jump on it. :happy:

So now I have to ask...what's going to happen with the other two R's? :cool:

One will definitely be stock and I'll keep it forever. The last one I'm torn on. Part of me wants to do another modified one, large conventional swingarm, different front end and wheels. New tail but stock '85 paint scheme. The problem there is, I'd have 3 R's and really only wanting to ride the RVF(I love that damn thing for some reason) and maybe the stocker on some occasions. So it seems wiser to do a stock referb on the last one and set it free to the wild.

Of course this all may change when the time comes. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Up in Maine? I think I saw the ad and was concidering calling, but figured I need to finally finish my restoration before starting another.

Finish a project before buying another one? Does not compute. :comp13:

• Member Contributer

Finish a project before buying another one? Does not compute. :comp13:

That is funny.

Very cool, Kel. Love the time lapse, especially of the rubber mallet on the upper triple.

HA...never had one give me that much trouble. Thank God it was sped up or you'd hear me bitching the whole time.

Archived