Tracken Viffer Update

Well All,

It has been 3 years since the TrackenViffer has been on the track and I figured it was time for an update as season 3 closes. Overall this has been an amazing, amazing track day bike. Certainaly not the fastest, but it is one of the best set up bikes I have ridden, including some others I own.

There have been some teething issues, we worked through some minor electrical gremilns, a new stator and carburetor adjustments but these were very minor. So with the bike in a "stable" state and over 20 track days under her belt, it will be time to start looking at cutting off the pounds this winter.

This has been a great bike not only by my opinion but by people who have 100's of track days under their belt and it continues to get lots of comments and questions.

post-11427-0-30938000-1377810240.jpgpost-11427-0-29188200-1377810258.jpg

Looks like an R1/R6 front end, I am keen on doing that to mine, is there a build thread?

There was a build thread not sure where it went.

Components include;

- 2000 R1 forks and brake calipers

- Forks were rebuilt, revalved and resprung

- Honda 929 lower tree and stem

- RC51 upper

- Wood Craft Clip ons

- Yamaha Throttle with custom Motion Pro throttle cables

- 2006 R6 front wheel (chose that because the brake dish diameter was identical to the R1 set up)

- custom wheel spacers and caliper spacers/bolts

It actually bolts up pretty easily BUT remember I did all custom body work and instruments so you will have different challenges for a street bike. I also increased the rear ride height and spent a lot of time doing suspension and geometry set up.

Looks like an R1/R6 front end, I am keen on doing that to mine, is there a build thread?

There was a build thread not sure where it went.

Components include;

- 2000 R1 forks and brake calipers

- Forks were rebuilt, revalved and resprung

- Honda 929 lower tree and stem

- RC51 upper

- Wood Craft Clip ons

- Yamaha Throttle with custom Motion Pro throttle cables

- 2006 R6 front wheel (chose that because the brake dish diameter was identical to the R1 set up)

- custom wheel spacers and caliper spacers/bolts

It actually bolts up pretty easily BUT remember I did all custom body work and instruments so you will have different challenges for a street bike. I also increased the rear ride height and spent a lot of time doing suspension and geometry set up.

Thank you, that's very helpful. This is for a track bike build, if all those parts bolt up, I can sort the rest out.

(Although the RC51 upper might present a problem, they're pretty rare over here...)

What rear shock are you using?

The shock is a Wilbers Racing Shock with 10mm of ride height added. It is a very very nice unit. I wish I still had the connection I used to get it, I would get another one. I also have found out that Penskee will build you one upon request. They are building one now for the 3rd gen I use for the street.

There are Pictures in my gallery section.

• Member Contributer

(Although the RC51 upper might present a problem, they're pretty rare over here...)

You can still use a 929/954 upper triple, the only real difference being the RC51 is a flat top and the 929/954 upper is a gullwing design that gains you approx 19mm (?) of front ride height. You could still raise the forks through the 929/954 triple to make the front end the same height as the RC51 upper triple though your clipons would be lower if mounted under the triple.

• Member Contributer

I've seen this bike at speed at Loudon and it sounds as good as it looks and he is very capable in the saddle. :beer:

Archived