Deer Are Sneaky Bastages

timmythecop

• Member Contributer

Ok Timmy. I can come up on the weekends and we'll get the fuckers one at a time.

Blaser_Tac2_zps6560c0bc.jpg

It's set up now for 0-1000 yards but I can swap a barrel (to 338LM) and we'll be good to 2000 yards easy. Extermination is just my game :goofy:

Sweet is that a Blaser R93 or whatever its called ? Nice. I must get mine permitted for Deer in the UK, but its a major pain in the ass here :(

• Member Contributer

Rumor has it that Irish Springs soap is a deterrent. According to my local city paper, at least. Apparently the deer don't like the nice, fresh scent.

Maybe there is another reason the deer are afraid of the Irish???

• Member Contributer

Sadly, Tightwad's HID kit will not vaporize the deer on sight as I hoped.

It will however light them up quite nicely.

Maybe I need an aircraft landing light.

Or machine guns to cut through them. I am told that isn't a legal option, however.

And my friend the sheep farmer says it is the Scotsmen that should be feared, not the Irish.

• Member Contributer

Ok Timmy. I can come up on the weekends and we'll get the fuckers one at a time.

Blaser_Tac2_zps6560c0bc.jpg

It's set up now for 0-1000 yards but I can swap a barrel (to 338LM) and we'll be good to 2000 yards easy. Extermination is just my game :goofy:

Sweet is that a Blaser R93 or whatever its called ? Nice. I must get mine permitted for Deer in the UK, but its a major pain in the ass here :(

Tac2, the newer version built so it could handle 338LM.

• Member Contributer

What Timmy?! You weren't armed? I'd have loved to hear that you shot the P.O.S.

I hit Bambi June 9th and still recovering. It was in the middle of the day. Three deer darted out of the road side brush. There was about 1/10th of a second warning. The only way I could of avoided it was to not be on a bike that day.

Been riding for 42 years, 200k miles without one injury. I would gladly give it all up to not have to go through what I have in the last 2-1/2 months.

I'm with you BB. May 19 for me and I still am not allowed to ride. It'd be a little less tragic if it happened during the fall; a summer without riding is torture. Hope you heal fast.

Welcome to the DeerSlayers club.

• Member Contributer

Whatever happened to the great art of Jousting? Sure you'd be a lightning rod riding around with one of those poles strapped to your bike, but at least you could challenge one of them horned furry dragons to a duel and possibly end up with a great meal if you win.

And if you find yourself in the city, just take out a few red light/speeding cameras and call it a win as well.

great post Timmy! After I returned from Japan and moved to Missouri I called my uncle when I shot my first deer since leaving home as 16 year old(a very nice 8 pointer that dressed out at 180 lbs, I was self employed, two kids at the time flat broke and this was food!) he said, calm down, slow down, was anyone hurt?

I said, hurt? what are you talking about?

He said when you hit the deer, was anyone injured? Cause I know you didn't shoot that deer....

I don't think the deer whistles do much but I think if you are the type of person to mount a deer whistle on your bike then you are the type of person to be more aware of deer.

we need to cull the heard and feed the homeless with them (and with those damn squirrels!) WIN WIN.

Thanks for the laugh Timmy and Cornercarver. So, you that bad a shooter, eh?

I'm prolly just as bad, never really fired a firearm, but I can help anyone who kills eat venison and I can bring a nice bottle of red to accompany it. And I'd certainly have a couple for the VFRD members who fell victims of those rats.

C

It's not so much that I was poor marksman (actually quite good) but it was more that he was in the 14' aluminum boat when the when the water moccasin dropped in from the tree when I was 12...remind me to tell you about that at the next post-ride safety meeting.

short story is I had to hand over my little .38 and ride back to the campsite with a finger from each hand plugging two small holes ( approximately .38" in diameter or very close to 9mm) in the bottom of the boat.

It's not so much that I was poor marksman (actually quite good) but it was more that he was in the 14' aluminum boat when the when the water moccasin dropped in from the tree when I was 12...remind me to tell you about that at the next post-ride safety meeting.

short story is I had to hand over my little .38 and ride back to the campsite with a finger from each hand plugging two small holes ( approximately .38" in diameter or very close to 9mm) in the bottom of the boat.

That's some fine shootin'. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

He was 17 feet tall if he was an inch. 27 or so feet long and mean looking. He stood in an attack stance the width of my driveway, just a few feet after the road. He waved his 37 point rack at me and flared his nostrils. He gave me the international look for "You don't have the stones to ride any further"

Timmy, I'm glad you didn't make contact with your 'deer,' but given your description did he, by any chance, look a bit like this:

204091.jpg

And is there a circus in town? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

That's some fine shootin'. :laugh:

It was pretty good for a 12 year old to get off two shots before my uncle - seemingly in one swift movement - smacked me in the head/shoulder with a boat paddle and then flipped the snake out into the river...

• Member Contributer

Be glad he didn't flip you in right behind it. I'll have to admit it is a hilarious image. :laugh:

Archived