Pnw 2014 Oregon Trail

choco

• Member Contributer

Tammy has posted up Hundreds of Pics and im working on some of the links for the videos

PM if you wanted links to the pics

PM sent

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

So I made an edit of this year's PNW Oregon Trail, from my point of view (and Jesse's, I suppose). Makes me wish I grabbed more footage of the group!

Disclaimer. Lots of the video is sped up, so no, I don't normally ride this fast. And don't be asking for pure bike audio because it was all wind noise. Make sure to watch in HD!

Cheers,

Spencer

• Like 4

• Member Contributer

Nicely done! Thanks for posting.

By the way . . . I think I know who that might be right behind you in the still before the video starts . . . :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Great job! Thanks for posting and letting me relive some of those amazing roads! I do like the disclaimer "Lots of the video is sped up, so no, I don't normally ride this fast" I also saw you raise your arms up, was that when you caught up with the fast bunch? :unsure:

Thanks Spencer!

Gary

• Member Contributer

Great job! Thanks for posting and letting me relive some of those amazing roads! I do like the disclaimer "Lots of the video is sped up, so no, I don't normally ride this fast" I also saw you raise your arms up, was that when you caught up with the fast bunch? :unsure:

Thanks Spencer!

Gary

Yes sir, one of the highlights of the trip! (so many to choose from...) Glad I caught you jammin' to your tunes. :cool:

Cogswell: absolutely correct, as well as I caught you inspecting your bike for... bugs? roadkill? Something on your usually-immaculate bike.

And Choco, if you can arrange another rain-free ride in Oregon, the line to sign up starts here. :goofy:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Montrose, CO is too far. It would take me 3 days to get there and 3 days back. That would add 6 days to the 4 day event. I can't do 10 days. Sure wish there was something happening closer like the PNW Oregon Trail Ride.

Edited by Corkey

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Montrose, CO is too far. It would take me 3 days to get there and 3 days back. That would add 6 days to the 4 day event. I can't do 10 days. Sure wish there was something happening closer like the PNW Oregon Trail Ride.

Make your wish happen. Take the bull by the _ _ _ _ _ and plan it! A few of us will be looking heavily into a 10 year reunion going back to Newport Oregon for 2016,

so that will be convenient for you.

Yes Sum Sum is a bit of a travel to get there & back, but well worth the riding for the peeps you meet and the event is EPIC!

I think we can find a few more amazing roads to ride in Oregon, and the destination towns are awesome too. I will certainly be happy to organize another Oregon Trail II ride and it can include Newport for the reunion.

I didn't make that first one though. Mr. and Mrs. Keithbob aren't on this site much and I think he's riding a BMW GS or something these days. I tried to interest him in the Oregon Trail last year so we did touch bases. If I recall his summer was already planned.

I will not be able to make the Sum Sum as I started a new job this year and we are super busy. I'm a land surveyor and work for a large engineering firm in Woodinville and Seattle and the Puget Sound area is booming with house construction and cell tower site development. I just don't have enough vacation time to use all in one event. I would love to come, so if anything changes that will allow me to ride to Colorado with the gang, then I certainly will be there.

Lee

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

You'll be missed my friend, but completely understand with new diggs - make it count and establish your credit for a great PNW next year.

All the best to you & the missus!