Pnw 2014 Oregon Trail

choco

Susan and I are going to do breakfast at home (keeping things 'awesome and easy'), leave Portland no later than 7:30am.

We'll top off on gas in HR and then meet y'all, around 8:30'ish at the Best Western Hood River restaurant / bike parking lot.

See ya' then! - Randy et Stoosan

We all had another fine ride to Bend central Oregon roads and scenery unparalleled almost no traffic weather outstanding everybody stoked. I was leading over Dooley Mtn and Radar and bride close behind carving corners and bobcat crosses in front and flys up sheer rock cliff !

• Member Contributer

We all had another fine ride to Bend central Oregon roads and scenery unparalleled almost no traffic weather outstanding everybody stoked. I was leading over Dooley Mtn and Radar and bride close behind carving corners and bobcat crosses in front and flys up sheer rock cliff !

Had me worried trying to figure out which member went by "bobcat"

• Member Contributer

Had me worried trying to figure out which member went by "bobcat"

:goofy:

Funny guy, annoying voice ... didn't know he rode a VFR.

Screen-Shot-2013-02-21-at-8.12.47-PM.png

I was just in that area two days ago. If you get a chance to ride FR39 from Hells Canyon to Joseph do it. It's a fantastic road. You can do Hells Canyon, come back and see the canyon from 3500ft vista and ride the second half of FR39 which is like Kaslo to New Denver for those of you from the ol' Hootenanny. Watch the Hells Canyon road - you know I'm no racer but there's a lot of gravel, loose chip seal and rocks on your way. Have fun, everyone!

Thought it was 18 bikes. I rolled into the house about 530 tonight. I'm sure you guys had a more pleasurable ride than I did. Saw 6 cops in the 45mph safety corridor going over Hood. Did everybody get their tire issues sorted out when you guys hit Bend?

Big shout out to Choco for leading some phenomenal rides. I had a blast meeting all you guys and gals. Can't wait for the videos and pics to get posted up. Ride safe tomorrow and on the return journeys for all of you

Thought it was 18 bikes. I rolled into the house about 530 tonight. I'm sure you guys had a more pleasurable ride than I did. Saw 6 cops in the 45mph safety corridor going over Hood. Did everybody get their tire issues sorted out when you guys hit Bend?

Big shout out to Choco for leading some phenomenal rides. I had a blast meeting all you guys and gals. Can't wait for the videos and pics to get posted up. Ride safe tomorrow and on the return journeys for all of you

post-30487-14064224181243.jpg

Belknap lava field, first group photo stop of our Saturday morning run.. A pic similar to this may appear on a Motorcycle USA write-up.. thanks Choco, Bart Madsen, and the rest of the crew for an absolutely spectacular day!

• Member Contributer

Topping off a great ride and great people with some McMenamins IPA. The group got to ride with the Motorcycle USA editor testing the 2014 Honda demo bike - there should be a write up coming about the '14 which may feature the Oregon Trail meet with photo's. Stay tuned!

• Member Contributer

Cogs back home safely. Lots of you are still out there - especially the ones from Canada with so far to go to get home. Check in when you're back. Shiny side up. Cheers

• Member Contributer

Here are some more photos - we'll get lots more as people find their way home . . .

Saturday's ride was from Bend, a gas stop at Sisters, OR and then up old HWY 242 to the summit of the pass - Dee Wright Observatory is there - I don't remember how many peaks are visible from there - but it's a bunch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dee_Wright_Observatory

Then it was down Hwy 126 to McKenzie Bridge, down the Aufderheide to Oakridge, then back up the Cascade Lakes Hwy to Bend. What fantastic scenery.

Checking out the 2014 N.A. Honda demo bike in Bend

gallery_20057_7329_311873.jpg

Another shot of the group at the Mt. Washington viewpoint, Hwy 242 just outside of Sisters, OR. Bart Madsen from Motorcycle USA rode with the group as part of his review of the 2014. This example had about 2,000 miles on it while here. From R to L, members bikes are:

Chasing Nolan 4th Gen

FSAE 6th Gen RWB

VFore 4th Gen

jimbob 6th Gen

Axel_7 / Tammy 6th Gen

Bart Madsen 2014 Demo bike

Radar / Huckleberry 6th Gen

Bizbat 7th gen

Choco 6th Gen

Cogswell 6th Gen

gallery_20057_7329_244670.jpg

Bart and Huckleberry check out the new bike. Mt Washington in the background - what beautiful country!

gallery_20057_7329_583117.jpg

The 2014 flanked by jimbob and Radar's 6th gens

gallery_20057_7329_58509.jpg

Axel_7 & Tammy in Bend, ready to head for home.

gallery_20057_7329_114300.jpg

Summit of McKenzie Pass on Hwy 242. What a fun ride!!

gallery_20057_7329_482643.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looks and sounds like a whole lotta fun. Sorry to have missed it but have to pick and chose.

Nice looking new VFR, but is the angle or do the hard bags look a lot smaller than a 6th gen?

• Member Contributer

I made it back home in one piece as well. Cogswell, Q-Dawg, and myself and a great ride back heading North along the Clackamas River from Detroit Lk. It was great seeing everyone again and I look forward to the next event. Best wishes for those who are still headed home from this meet. Ride safe!

DP

Cogs back home safely. Lots of you are still out there - especially the ones from Canada with so far to go to get home. Check in when you're back. Shiny side up. Cheers

Glad to hear you made it home safe. I met with my friends from Duvall then rode to top of Pine Butte nice 360 degree view of Bend I rode some nice roads to the coast and am now sitting in Rogue Brewery in Newport the site of the 2006 PNW meet. I know this because V-fore was wearing the shirt. If Keithbob calls me I might have a shirt for him if anyone has his number have him call me 206-369-8258 I might stay over here. I've a tradition of having a breakfast of oysters and eggs etc at this cool spot just a few buildings east of Rogue. I also ready to relax and I just can't figure out why. Epic Pnw meet the roads the scenery the weather but mostly the VFRD people and Bart from Motorcycle-USA made these few days unforgettable!!!!

Susan and Randy just rolled in .....

Gassed up in Detroit Lake only have Jeffie walkup and say, "howdy!"

Yup, another random hookup by the side of the road. <grin>

So we rode with him up through the FS roads to 224 to Sandy and then the back way (Ten Eyck and Bull Run Roads)

into Troutdale and dropped him off at the Edgefield Brewery. And he was even able to get a room for the night!

4 days, over 900 miles of riding, and miles of smiles with many good friends. :^)

Here's the toast we did every night:

"No tickets, no crashes, no fatalities.

Forever and ever.

-- Amen."

E-Ticket (Randy) / Flying Ant (Susan)

Edited by E-Ticket

Jeff must have gotten lost on his back road excursion you left at least an hour or more after him I rode through Sweet Home on way to coast, good that Jeff got a room lots available in Newport too any recommendations?