Pnw 2014 Oregon Trail

choco

Gettin' a little antsy .... just sayin'.

Study the maps of our routes, it helps the anticipation: Not really, it just makes the wait a tad more unbearable, but at least you can see where we are going. Jeff, Tammy and Derek are already on the road, the nerve! They are swinging through Idaho.

• Member Contributer

iS IT TIME YET?? I am ready now.. If any one else will be coming down from up the this way... I will be leaving CDA ID early Wednesday.. Thinking I will route down across the Palouse to Dusty, Dodge, Waitsburg, Pasco, Mabton, Bickleton, Goldendale, maybe down the Klickitat. The Kilickitat canyon is a sweet little detour out of Hood River too.

Hwy 206 is a really cool road... also the route through Anthony Lakes area is stunning...

Looking forward to some fun riding and meeting you all.

I also have a room I can split with someone in Bend if anybody is looking to share and save a couple bucks...

I plan on dropping down from Yakima and crossing at the Dalles and explore the roads a bit that we will be riding the next morning, then off to HR via Rowena Curves. My number is 206-369-8258, call me when you get down in that area and leave a text message and I'll check my phone, perhaps we can hook up.

• Member Contributer

Choco, I am now a "possible maybe" to meet you guys in Bend. I am trying to get Friday the 25th off work. If that works, then I'd meet you guys in Bend on Friday night in time for a beer and dinner in that order. Then ride the loop with all of the gang on Saturday. Head home Sunday and back to work Monday. I have your cell phone number. I'll know for sure by Tuesday evening. I'll post up here and text you one way or the other. I know you guys are staying at Red Lion. I'll sort out lodging on Tuesday even if its a campground. For reference my mobile# is 916-412-4828. Coming north from Sacramento - if it works out. I'm crossing my fingers. Cheers, Ernie

E-Ticket what time are you guys planning on heading out to Hood River.. I'll be headed out from Hillsboro could definitely meet up and head out in force...

Early Thursday morning sometime. Early enough to grab gas and brekkie in Hood River and then meet da' gang around 8:30am.

Won't know exact time until we get closer and think it all through.

- ET

• Member Contributer

I plan on dropping down from Yakima and crossing at the Dalles and explore the roads a bit that we will be riding the next morning, then off to HR via Rowena Curves. My number is 206-369-8258, call me when you get down in that area and leave a text message and I'll check my phone, perhaps we can hook up.

Thanks, i give you a shout when I have an ETA... ride safe, cheers!

Choco, I am now a "possible maybe" to meet you guys in Bend. I am trying to get Friday the 25th off work. If that works, then I'd meet you guys in Bend on Friday night in time for a beer and dinner in that order. Then ride the loop with all of the gang on Saturday. Head home Sunday and back to work Monday. I have your cell phone number. I'll know for sure by Tuesday evening. I'll post up here and text you one way or the other. I know you guys are staying at Red Lion. I'll sort out lodging on Tuesday even if its a campground. For reference my mobile# is 916-412-4828. Coming north from Sacramento - if it works out. I'm crossing my fingers. Cheers, Ernie

Good to have you after all. There are a lot of motels/hotels in Bend, did you try the McMennamins St. Francis? You may be the only California rider with us. Very cool.

E-Ticket what time are you guys planning on heading out to Hood River.. I'll be headed out from Hillsboro could definitely meet up and head out in force...

Early Thursday morning sometime. Early enough to grab gas and brekkie in Hood River and then meet da' gang around 8:30am.

- ET

I'll scout out a good place for breakfast in HR, unless someone has a suggestion/favorite place. Perhaps the Best Western will fit the bill.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I'm forgoing the Hood River Inn on Wednesday and plan on meeting up with everyone on Thursday morning probably around 8:30. Hood River is only an hour from my house. I think Cogswell with be riding with me as well so we will see you then. Looking forward to it.

Good to have you after all. There are a lot of motels/hotels in Bend, did you try the McMennamins St. Francis? You may be the only California rider with us. Very cool.

- ET

I'll scout out a good place for breakfast in HR, unless someone has a suggestion/favorite place. Perhaps the Best Western will fit the bill.

That would be awesome, Lee. It would be nice to keep it all "awesome and easy."

Meeting for brekkies at the Best Western would be the easiest way to accomplish that.

T'anks! - rb

Edited by E-Ticket

The Best Western also has a river view, hence the name of the restaurant: Riverside This is where we will all meet Thursday morning, breakfast, small meeting and head out.

http://www.riversidehoodriver.com/

Deal!

I just PMd Cogswell, let's try to get out of HR around 9:30, with a bit of a meeting around 9. We can be a little flexible as it's not that far to Baker City.

• Member Contributer

Choco (and friends).... isn't meant to be for me... I was hoping to escape at dawn on Friday and join all of you for a ride on Saturday and return Sunday. But I can't get off work. I was able to make a tour up in that area in early June and had a great time. Would have been nice to meet, drink, eat, and ride with you and I'm a bit disappointed. Stating the obvious "have a great ride"! Maybe next time. Ernie

Long shot here .... but does anyone have a spare Base Plate Set for an Arai helmet (P/N: 3017) that they could bring along with them to Hood River for the PNW Rally?

*I* broke the one of the tabs on the base plate wife's Arai Profile helmet. :sad:

We've got one on order -- but it's not going to arrive until *after* we leave for Hood River.

Specifically, we're looking for the base plate on the right-hand side.

It looks like this: http://www.powersportsplace.com/parts/aha-3017?seid=pspse1&gclid=CNObnK6Q2r8CFY6Ufgodk24AcA

If so, I would be more than happy to ship you our new set back to you once our's shows up from Bike Bandit.

Thanks! E-Ticket

Edited by E-Ticket

I'm riding down from Ellensburg this morning E ticket better get your wife a new helmet and fix that one later just a suggestion unless a bike shop has that part

I'm in Hood River awesome river view room rode the last hour in rain through Rowena Curves it was still fun not raining now weather improving

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

So disappointed I'm not there already. Came down with a nasty chest cold that completely destroyed my plans. I'll have to ride vicariously with you through you pictures! Have a blast!

Choco, I'll PM you about getting you payment for the shirt.