Pnw 2014 Oregon Trail

choco

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Dragonfly (my wife) and myself (Q-Dawg) are booked at the hotels mentioned at the beginning of the thread. See you there! :beer:

BTW, what is the official attendance count now?

Last list I saw was on page 4 of this thread.......

Got my guy working on t shirt and logo I think it will be cool stay tuned I'm off all next week so I will get things rolling

• Member Contributer

I'm in! Vacay time approved! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Up to and including page 4....

1. Choco
2. Axel_7
3. DfnsMn69
4. jimbob
5. MaxSwell
6. Willy
7. Veefer800Canuck
8. jviffer
9. Didit

10. Harhond60

11. yycviffer

12. YWGVIFFER

Look like a great ride! Looking forward to it! Will look into hotels asap.

After page 4...

13. Radar

14. Huckleberry

15. E-Ticket

16. Flying Ant

17. GabeJ

18. VFRAG

19. Frogn8r

20. Q-Dawg

21. Dragonfly

22. FSAE

Just checked the three hotel reservations, about 8 of the 15 or so rooms are now booked; the ones left at Best Western in Hood River or mostly two queen beds per room. Getting the T shirt and logo design as soon as possible. I've set up a Pay Pal account. My question is this, I'd like to make some very cool multi-color shirts and silk screen them. This is more money than the new digitial laser transfer system, but they look more vivid and last longer. Are people willing to pay more for a very cool shirt?

• Member Contributer

Just checked the three hotel reservations, about 8 of the 15 or so rooms are now booked; the ones left at Best Western in Hood River or mostly two queen beds per room. Getting the T shirt and logo design as soon as possible. I've set up a Pay Pal account. My question is this, I'd like to make some very cool multi-color shirts and silk screen them. This is more money than the new digitial laser transfer system, but they look more vivid and last longer. Are people willing to pay more for a very cool shirt?

When it comes to tee shirts, I prefer cotton to the man-made fabrics. On the "pay more" question: yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hi Choco - my work schedule is now a bit iffy. I'm still planning to join but now a maybe. Plan b for me would be to meet the group in Bend for your last two days. Come up Thursday and be there for rides on Friday and Saturday. Will keep you posted. Ernie

• Member Contributer

Choco, looks like several people are missing from the latest list. This list was started by Veefer but then restarted, so just add those missing from the current list, incase your numbers ain't matching up.

Anyhow, can't wait.

Cleared the calendar, wife signed off=All in!

1. Choco
2. DfnsMn69
3. MaxSwell
4.Willy
5. Sparrow75
6. Jimbob, looking fwd to it, hope this happens'

7. Harhond60

I do like good expensive cotton t-shirts (read: last longer) but the technofiber ones like Didit sourced for the SumSumX2 are excellent too, especially for hiking and cycling, not just under a riding jacket. The cost of shirt will be insignificant to the cost of hotel, gas, food, beer, etc so no worries on cost.

• Member Contributer

Add me in for a Tshirt doesn't mater what there made of. My fav is the technofiber ones as well, one of my most comfortable riding shirts.

• Member Contributer

Sign me up for a tee shirt, size medium please!

Also, I have a room booked in Bend that I could share Fri / Sat if somebody wants to go in on it..

BTW, i dont snore...., much....

The graphics are nearly done, expect to see something here in no more than two weeks. Hope you like, have a design for front and back, no sponsors names this time. I was thinking of mailing out the shirts to those who really want them once I get orders. That's not typical, but I thought a lot of you would like to wear them on your way to Hood River. I will check out prices to see if it's practical, if not, they will be shipped to Hood River.

I'm excited for the riding as I've ridden most of the roads on the maps on the first posts. I think if the weather is good, everybody is going to love the roads and scenery.

Stay tuned

• Like 1

Randy Burress (E-Ticket) and Susan Post (Flying Ant) are in.
Making hotel reservations tomorrow -- and yes, we're in for T-shirts as well.

Sorry to be gone/quiet for so long ... but was off chasing dragons.

Cheers! - ET

• Member Contributer

A potential scheduling conflict is looming. I'll keep this thread posted but there is a chance I'll not be able to make this this year. Argh!

• Member Contributer

I will be in Vancouver at this time but I need to catch a big boat to take me and my bride to Alaska on a cruise . I wish maybe to skip the cruise and ride but the dog house is not very comfy so I best not even suggest it. Take care all of you and have a safe ride ,sounds like it will be fun .

Just got a call from Suzanne at Red Lion Inn in Bend, time to get those reservations locked down, coming up to the time where they will be looking to rent rooms to others if VFRD Block is not all filled. Also, see T-shirt thread.

• Member Contributer

Just got a call from Suzanne at Red Lion Inn in Bend, time to get those reservations locked down, coming up to the time where they will be looking to rent rooms to others if VFRD Block is not all filled. Also, see T-shirt thread.

Returning to Canada in two days, I'll book asap! Got my GSXR buddy coming along, too.

• Member Contributer

Just Reserved a room at The Bridge Street Inn, Baker City, that is where I will be joining you al l :beer: Before I call the Red Lion in Bend, is there anyone who wants to share a room? Looking forward to enjoying the Great roads in Oregon!!

Gary

There are three rooms left in the VFRD block at Red Lion Inn, The block will be dropped June 27 so I suggest get them booked, you can always back out later, you don't need to pay now, just give CC info. You guys know how it works. Also, order T shirts as soon as possible and I'll get them printed up and they will be waiting for us in Hood River.

• Member Contributer

I'm sad to say I'll not be able to make it this year. I do hope this is an annual event. Perhaps next year. I have reservations at Hood River Best Western, Baker City Bridges Street Motel, and Bend Red Lion I'll be canceling. And no tee shirt for me.