Pnw 2014 Oregon Trail

choco

The stretch from John Day to Seneca is really great, but the deer were holding a convention in the later afternoon! As a matter of fact, there were deer everywhere in this area in the late afternoon. Quitting early makes sense to me.

• Member Contributer

The stretch from John Day to Seneca is really great, but the deer were holding a convention in the later afternoon! As a matter of fact, there were deer everywhere in this area in the late afternoon. Quitting early makes sense to me.

Yikes! Made me flinch. :wheel: :3:

• Member Contributer

Choco - count me in. I have the dates on my calendar. I have not made lodging arrangements. But I'll look through the thread and get that taken care of. Ernie

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Thanks Choco, for getting this going! I rode some of those roads and want to do them again (especially 395).

I know my bike can make that far, so count me in. And the winter project will be to get some new Givi V35s onto my ol'VF.

Stayed at the Pheonix and it was not bad. Convenient laundry facilities there too.

1. Choco
2. DfnsMn69
3. MaxSwell
4.Willy
5. Sparrow75

• Member Contributer

Thanks Choco, for getting this going! I rode some of those roads and want to do them again (especially 395).

I know my bike can make that far, so count me in. And the winter project will be to get some new Givi V35s onto my ol'VF.

Stayed at the Pheonix and it was not bad. Convenient laundry facilities there too.

1. Choco

2. DfnsMn69

3. MaxSwell

4.Willy

5. Sparrow75

6. Jimbob, looking fwd to it, hope this happens

• 2 weeks later...

I have also covered these roads a few times and have to admit they are some of the best anywhere on the west coast. However, I have only ridden them on my Harleys and am looking forward to a totally new experience on my newly acquired '04 VFR. This is my first post so if I'm skipping a step in joining up with you all in July, please excuse my rookie fever.

Welcome to the nut house... Give your local dealer a call and make sure all of the recalls were done on your bike. They will need the full VIN. We'll have to get together in the spring and get a couple rides in prior to the OT ride.

• Member Contributer

Please post up if you are fairly certain you are in.

1. Choco

2. Axel_7

3. DfnsMn69

4. jimbob

5. MaxSwell

6. Willy

7. Veefer800Canuck

8. jviffer

9. Didit

1. Choco

2. Axel_7

3. DfnsMn69

4. jimbob

5. MaxSwell

6. Willy

7. Veefer800Canuck

8. jviffer

9. Didit

10. VFRWhisp

I will be marking this on the work calendar. Cant wait to see you folks again!

can we get an updated list. It looks like not all have copied/pasted the point list correctly.

choco, on 07 Oct 2013 - 4:32 PM, said:snapback.png

choco, on 11 Aug 2013 - 3:48 PM, said:snapback.png

Please post up if you are fairly certain you are in.

1. Choco
2. Axel_7
3. DfnsMn69
4. jimbob
5. MaxSwell
6. Willy
7. Veefer800Canuck
8. jviffer
9. Didit

10. Harhond60

That was a good dork moment for me. Jeeez how hard can cut & paste be really?

• 1 month later...

Hi, all. This is your ride and I should keep my mouth shut. But I can't. Hood River is a lovely town, but lodging is kinda expensive. I always stay at the Rodeway Inn across the river in Stevenson. And there is a great brewpub a couple blocks away. walkingmanbrewing.com

You guys have planned a great ride. I am jealous.

• Member Contributer

We're gonna need more than 12 bikes I think.

Where's all the YEG, YYC and YVR people?

Strongly considering it... right now, I'm solidifying 2014 vacation and time off. :cool:

As a side note, are non-VFR riders welcome?

Hi Guys,

I thought I would get on this early, as I know summer time hotel bookings can be tough.

I booked in at the Best Western in Hood River for the 23rd, no problem they had all the info lined up.

When I called the Bridge Street Inn, Baker City ( I talked to Jamie) they did not have any info on VFRD and they said they didn't have any open rooms for that week. Jamie also mentioned that her boss, Thoy, is the lady that generally deals with these bookings, and she is away in Thailand for a month. Is there another name it would be booked under at this Motel?

I was able to book a room at the Red Lion in Bend, but she did not have any information on a VFRD group. She did have an "Anderson Motorcycle Group" arriving on the 25th as well, is it under that name?

Anyways, very much looking forward to some amazing twisties and meeting some fellow V4 enthusiasts!

• Member Contributer

If your thinking of going you should book rooms soon, Red lion in Bend is sold out except for the block of rooms Choco held under Vfrd (Anderson)

• Member Contributer

For planning purposes, it would be good to review this construction alert for Highway 58 east of Oakridge. The highway has a tunnel that has become a real problem and there has been ongoing construction work on it for well over a year. It was supposed to be completed in 2013, but was not and construction has been suspended over the winter. Scheduled completion is now October, 2014. While construction has been going on, the highway has been closed at the tunnel location at night, and during daylight hours the waits have been as long as 45 mins to an hour this past summer. The location is about 23 miles East of where the ride will pick up Highway 58 at Oakridge. I wouldn't necessarily let it change the route, but at least the group will be prepared for delays.

Map (point "B" - approximate)

http://goo.gl/maps/tfCmT

Here's the construction alert

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/REGION2/Pages/OR58_salt_creek_tunnel.aspx

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/REGION2/docs/area5/OR%2058%20SCT%20Extended%20release.pdf.

Hi Guys,

I thought I would get on this early, as I know summer time hotel bookings can be tough.

I booked in at the Best Western in Hood River for the 23rd, no problem they had all the info lined up.

When I called the Bridge Street Inn, Baker City ( I talked to Jamie) they did not have any info on VFRD and they said they didn't have any open rooms for that week. Jamie also mentioned that her boss, Thoy, is the lady that generally deals with these bookings, and she is away in Thailand for a month. Is there another name it would be booked under at this Motel?

Anyways, very much looking forward to some amazing twisties and meeting some fellow V4 enthusiasts!

I called the Bridge, the names are now under VFRD, sorry for the oversight. If any more problems, use my name. Lee Anderson from Duvall, WA