Nylon Speedometer Drive Nut ---> Aluminum Replacement

Veefer800Canuck

HEY! Just noticed these on Fleabay. No experience with them, but they ought to be more durable than the Nylon ones that everyone seems to have trouble with.

Search for: Aluminum Speed Meter Cable Adapter

Who's going to be the first to try one?

$(KGrHqZ,!i!FCs07eYByBQ09h+GNqw~~60_12.J

• Member Contributer

I dunno, if the nylon gets loose the nylon wears out rather than rounding off the corners of the nut. The aluminum might round off a bit of the nut so it won't be tight. I think I'll stick with the nylon, not that it's been a problem,

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I dont see a hole in those to mount, and the nylon one offers some adjustability. But like mentioned, the nylon one has not really been an issue, If you replace it every 60 or 70.000 miles.

WHAT????

how do the nylon ones adjust?? its one solid chunk of junk mine was dead before 6000 miles.. forget 60,000!!

I dont see a hole in those to mount, and the nylon one offers some adjustability. But like mentioned, the nylon one has not really been an issue, If you replace it every 60 or 70.000 miles.

WHAT????

how do the nylon ones adjust?? its one solid chunk of junk mine was dead before 6000 miles.. forget 60,000!!

Im over 100,000 miles and on my second one, never had one fail yet, just replaced as a proactive measure from wear..

the nylon one is a press fit , that offers some flexibility with mounting, I doubt the aftermarket aluminum would offer the same tight but flexible fit.

Edited by spud786

• Member Contributer

WHAT????

Im over 100,000 miles and on my second one, never had one fail yet, just replaced as a proactive measure from wear..

the nylon one is a press fit , that offers some flexibility with mounting, I doubt the aftermarket aluminum would offer the same tight but flexible fit.

yes they are press in.. the nylons are NOT flexible at all. they are rock hard. :huh:

and every one i have replaced has been the same. not that many .. but i was working as the head tech in a honda stealership

• Member Contributer

Interesting. I've still got a couple of spare nylon ones, so I won't be buying an alloy one any time soon, but I cannot really fault the concept.

I think the nylon ones do last a long time...provided the sprocket cover is placed correctly over the countershaft sprocket bolt head and the nylon part is not damaged in the process.

And it is nice that someone is thinking about manufacturing such things...

Ciao,

• Like 1

I beg to differ, the nylon ones do have some flexibility, with mounting on the shaft. Its pretty easy to misalign and have it wobbling, Probably the reason some have only seen 6,000 miles.

WHAT????

yes they are press in.. the nylons are NOT flexible at all. they are rock hard. :huh:

and every one i have replaced has been the same. not that many .. but i was working as the head tech in a honda stealership

• Member Contributer

I beg to differ, the nylon ones do have some flexibility, with mounting on the shaft. Its pretty easy to misalign and have it wobbling, Probably the reason some have only seen 6,000 miles.

thats not flexibility thats forced misalignment... its designed to fit onto a nut and have the drive fit in a slot.. with NO play.and nothing to adjust if it was some some kind of springloaded 3 piece, then it would be a different story