The Most Beautiful Thing I Have Ever Seen.... 2 Bros Full System!

CandyRedRC46

I finally got my hands on a full system.

She is in kinda rough shape.

I need to pull out a couple small dents and ceramic coat it.

I am not a fan of the low mount or huge muffler, so I will be looking into doing some custom mid-pipe work,

or maybe I will merge the header to my Two Bros slip on, if the diameters are relatively similar.

null_zpsfb7412e5.jpg

null_zps3e10c82d.jpg

null_zps47c44623.jpg

null_zps5760230a.jpg

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much.

$800 hopefully i can recoup a little with the selling of my motad and the muffler.

DOES ANYONE WANT A MOTAD HEADER? :goofy:

This header is so light, it makes titanium seem way over rated. And the spring loaded slip fits seem like a major plus. I can't get over that muffler though. It is ridiculous.

Oh and the Y-pipes.... a work of art.

• Like 1

You don't have to do the ceramic coating. Since it's stainless steel, you can get it polished.

Try a shop that does chroming, they will probably have one of those tumble polishers that you can toss the whole header system into and there are mildly abrasive beads and liquid inside adn the whole works vibrates around until the item is scrubbed clean.

You don't have to do the ceramic coating. Since it's stainless steel, you can get it polished.

Try a shop that does chroming, they will probably have one of those tumble polishers that you can toss the whole header system into and there are mildly abrasive beads and liquid inside adn the whole works vibrates around until the item is scrubbed clean.

I am doing it mainly as a thermal block. I have wrapped headers before and I don't want to go down that road again.

Clearly beauty is more than skin deep.

I was thinking crusty looking. :laugh:

Its like one of those times when people are always posting up pictures of their ugly babys all over face book.

Shes a diamond in the rough lol

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

yeah, when you see those baby pics and all you can say is "That sure is a baby, isn't it?"

• Like 1

I am doing it mainly as a thermal block. I have wrapped headers before and I don't want to go down that road again

Oh, then you should probably have them bead blasted at the very least before ceramic coating. Then you'll have a nice fresh surface for the coating to adhere to.

• Like 1

What color are we thinking on the ceramic? I am thinking that aluminum/silver color.

I am doing it mainly as a thermal block. I have wrapped headers before and I don't want to go down that road again

Oh, then you should probably have them bead blasted at the very least before ceramic coating. Then you'll have a nice fresh surface for the coating to adhere to.

definitely

Hmm. I guess $800 for used unobtanium is pretty good.

I sold a similarly crusty 2 can system for an Aprilia with 1 dented can for $500 and I paid the $50 shipping.

It was easily available new, if you wanted to spend $1,400. :unsure:

Edit, Canuck popped in there while I was typing.

Sweet! :beer:

Oh and you can get new stainless steel exhaust springs in various lengths. I got some off Ebay.

They have one fixed hook and one swiveling.

god that is beautiful. thats what i want.

Don't forget the surface prep. It's real important.

I sandblasted my own before taking them in for coating. I was sure to get every millimetre right down to white metal.

Plus I sandblasted inside every pipe opening as far as possible.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Rob continues to tempt me to the "shiny" side...I am thinking of a kind of graphite gray like the VFR wheels on I don't recall what year 6th gen...but wow that looks purty...

• Member Contributer

You put that thing on your light colored carpet....... !!!!!!!!!

Says the guy who was knee deep in rain water trying to help me right my VFR... :goofy:

hahahaha that's what my girl friend said!

You can polish them yourself, I didn't use anything you wouldn't have in your garage.

This

IMG_9013Medium_zps042bc1b9.jpg

To this

IMG_9106Medium.jpg

Man that looks really good too!!!!

Says the guy who was knee deep in rain water trying to help me right my VFR... :goofy:

Missed that story. Guess it worked out OK. :laugh: