My 95 Vfr-Sf Project: The Process

apexandy

• Member Contributer

Great bike! Ever better Dad!

Cheers to that!!!

I Andy! I ready the tópics over and over again! I really cant put the speedmeter rolling!! Its a Shame! Everything works rigth!!!

Your bike looks fantastic! What is it specifically your are having trouble with on the Speedometer?

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers to that!!!

I Andy! I ready the tópics over and over again! I really cant put the speedmeter rolling!! Its a Shame! Everything works rigth!!!

Your bike looks fantastic! What is it specifically your are having trouble with on the Speedometer?

The problem is because the electricist that make the work for me! Put the gauge no the original wire that comes Out from the bike! Anda that thing works with impulse!! I dont know if Its possible to configurate, or the only way to work rigth is to put the íman on the wheel ...

Iman me

Cheers to that!!!

The problem is because the electricist that make the work for me! Put the gauge no the original wire that comes Out from the bike! Anda that thing works with impulse!! I dont know if Its possible to configurate, or the only way to work rigth is to put the íman on the wheel ...

. Íman means magnet ! :))

• Member Contributer
. Íman means magnet ! :))

I tried many different methods to get the factory speed sensor to work with the koso gauge, and I think it might be possible with a 5th or 6th generation speed sensor (I can't remember why... this was a few years ago). But I couldn't get it to function. So I used the koso supplied speed sensor and put it on the swing arm with the magnet on the sprocket bolts. Problem solved. I hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I don't have the same aftermarket dash that you guys do, but I do have a 4th gen with the factory speed sensor working.

I think your problem might be related to the number of signals sent by each unit.

The magnet will send one signal per wheel revolution, so the speedo just mutiplies whatever you said your tire circumfrance is by the number of revs it's getting and does some math.

I don't remember the exact number, but the stock speed sensor sends something like 7 signals per wheel revolution. So, I had to tell the dash I've got (acewell) that I've got really tiny tires. It still has a cap to how fast it will count though, and the speedometer never exceeds 82mph or so now. If I moved back to the magnet, it'd read fine, but for me, basically I know I'm speeding if it says 82. . .

So, might have to do with how fast the dash can count.

Love both your bikes by the way, they look amazing.

*EDIT*

I almost forgot, my stock speed sending unit was bad when I got the bike, so when I tried to hook it up at first, I got no signals at all. It should send a pulse similar to the magnet, so, if you're not getting anything at all, maybe see if someone you know will let you borrow their speed sending unit for a bit. I think there's just two bolts and one plug that connect it to the bike.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like not much activity on this thread but I was hoping for:

@apexandy Can you help me out by giving some up close shots of the rear frame you have constructed and the mounting/mating points where it joins on the main frame?

Thanks heaps!!

• 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer

Update to this build, the bike is for sale after 17,500 amazing kilometres. Check the classifieds for info. Sad to say goodbye, but excited for whoever might be the next owner to enjoy the bike! 

• Like 1