Do Oggy Knob Frame Sliders Work?...yes They Do

Cmac

• Member Contributer

I installed Oggy Knob frame sliders over winter. I was little hesitant, based on some post I have seen here that questioned whether the bracket would hold up. I can attest in my case, the frame sliders did the job in a ~55 MHP low side while on the track.

I had been wondering what would be damaged in a low side with frame sliders. Here's the inventory to repair. Seems pretty minimal damage, compared to what could have would have happened without a slider, in a relatively high speed low sidewith out the slider.

Scratched only lower fairing with no cracks

Clutch cover scratched

Rear brake scratched

Foot peg scratched

Passenger foot peg and bracket scratched.

I was able to drive the bike off the track.

The bracket that holds the plasctic slider is very very heavy duty. It did not bend at all. I would bet the bolt would snap, before that bracket bends.

It was hassle to find the Oggy Knobs, and I ended up having to purchase them directly from Oggy Knobs in Australia. Damb glad a I did. No cutting the fairing like other frame slider solutions. The knobs were $249 AUD (which is ~$240 USD right now), plus shipping that was ~$35 USD (I got him discount the shipping).post-25451-0-83852800-1370701950.jpg

post-25451-0-77091500-1370702047.jpg

post-25451-0-81033400-1370702083.jpg

post-25451-0-77619700-1370702123.jpg

post-25451-0-48771700-1370702176.jpg

• Member Contributer

Holy crap!

That's impressive... Saved you a monster headache.

I can't believe it came out that nice at a lowside that speed... awesome!

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

This is good to know as I have referred people to their website with the caveat that I knew nothing about them other than they are a "no cut" installation. I had a dialog last year with them inquiring about them but never pulled the trigger. Looking at how well they worked For you, I just might go ahead and grab Some. Thanks for posting!

i think the issue is, buy quality genuine oggie knobs, not cheap chineese crap.

i low sided my cbr600 with oggies, first time, had a bit of a grind, no problems, saved the fairings.

2nd time, was a high speed low side, i bent the bolt that holds the oggie on, but it worked, few grazez on the fairings though on the front nose cone top right, but everything else was fine.

now ive got genuine no cut oggies on my vfr...

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Just stock bar ends, which were not touched. I found it interesting that I've seen front and rear wheel sliders, but in my case I don't think they would have helped.

• Member Contributer

It was hassle to find the Oggy Knobs, and I ended up having to purchase them directly from Oggy Knobs in Australia.

Can you post a link to their website? Googling the name only seems to return accessory vendors rather than the manufacturer's website.

• Member Contributer

Can you post a link to their website? Googling the name only seems to return accessory vendors rather than the manufacturer's website.

Sure. Here is the web site, and the email of the fella I worked with. Very helpful and timely. He was able to set up an Paypal invoice if I recall.

www.promotomelb.com

frankhajdu@internode.on.net

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Best evidence I have ever seen. I have witness dozens,couple of my own, of low sides on the Dragon and none of the frame sliders that were installed did any good but of course it has to do with the terrain. The radiator was OK that's impressive.

• Member Contributer

I have Oggy Knobs on my 6th gen. I haven't had to test them yet like you did (bummer!), Cmac, so thanks for sharing your results. It's good to know the brackets hold up in a slide. The Promotomelb.com site seems to be down for repairs right now, but ordering by email and Paypal works just fine. Their price is right, as most other vendors were asking $450 for a set!

If anyone wants to buy these, here are my emails to Frank at Promoto:

RE: Oggy Knobs

Hi John.

I have received your payment and your goods will be posted within 24 hours.

Thanks,

Frank Hajdu.

Promoto Melbourne Pty Ltd.

2/8 Techno Park Drive,

Williamstown VIC 3016.

P. +613 9399 8717

F. +613 9399 8737

www.promotomelb.com

Sent: Monday, 18 June 2012 2:36 PM

To: Promoto Australia

Subject: RE: Oggy Knobs

Hi Frank,

Invoice is paid. Thanks for your help.

John

To: jclstlm@hotmail.com

Subject: RE: Oggy Knobs

Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:10:06 +1000

Hi John.

We do ship to the US. I cannot directly accept a credit card payment, but I can issue you a Paypal invoice if you supply your details.

OK549 no cut frame sliders kit sells for AUD$249. The shipping weight of OK549 is 3.5kg.

There are three Australia Post freight options-

ECI (Express Courier International) 2-4 business days AUD$134.65

EPI (Express Post International) 3-7 business days AUD$88.25

AM (Air Mail) 3-10 business days AUD$82.50

More information regarding these services is available at www.auspost.comau

There is one small modification required to fit the kit on US/Canadian models. An emissions valve on the right hand side needs to be modified so that it uses one mounting bolt instead of two. It is a very simple thing to do.

If you would like to proceed with a purchase, please let me know via return email including which freight option you prefer, and I shall forward you the Paypal invoice.

Thanks,

Frank Hajdu.

Promoto Melbourne Pty Ltd.

2/8 Techno Park Drive,

Williamstown VIC 3016.

P. +613 9399 8717

F. +613 9399 8737

www.promotomelb.com

Sent: Thursday, 14 June 2012 10:43 AM

To: sales@promotomelb.com

Subject: Oggy Knobs

Hello,

I'd like to buy Oggy knobbs:

No cut

White

OK549

My bike is a 2007 Honda VFR 800. Can you ship to the U.S. ?

Paypal or credit card?

Thanks,

John

I ended up swapping the pucks for black R&G aeros when I changed my fairings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

impressive..so I live in Cali..is there a distributor out here?.... if not do you guys have a webpage to order them from ?

Post #11 has all the info, there is no US Distributor.

• Member Contributer

Just ordered a set from Frank (as mentioned in the previous emails) at Promoto Melbourne. Price is $249 AUD with an air mail shipping option to Canada (same to US, I think) of $35.28 AUD (which is a current promotion of half rate shipping for international customers--regular price $70.55 AUD). Went the same route as vfeistr: found the Oggy Knobbs kit on the Promoto site, contacted Frank via email, he confirmed the price and shipping and sent a PayPal invoice. :fing02:

Edited by Belfry

• 6 months later...