Radiators Interchangeable Between Generations?

Crewwolfy

Are the radiators on a 5th gen and 6th gen VFR interchangeable? I understand they aren't the same part, and the sizing appears to be a little different, but it looks like all the mounts and hose attachments are in the same locations and orientations. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

Only way to find out is to try them out or find someone who did already.

They cram in so much stuff under a bike's farings these days that just a little difference between two seemingly similar parts might make it a "No go" very quickly....

It's also puzzling why Honda might keep changing the design of ancillaries like radiators instead of saving money by passing on parts through a few model years.......at the same time, cheap out on more important items like shocks and forks on the bike.

The radiators on the Vtec are 8% larger, according to Honda, but I have no idea if they could be persuaded to fit.

I do know that with the ToroCharger kit, you have to use a right hand rad from a 5th gen, on the 6th gen.

So that much will work, at least.

• Member Contributer

RH radiators in good kit seem to be hard to come by. I'll probably give the 6th gen a shot. I'll post up the results for future reference.

I thought I just saw one for a 5 Gen on eBay last night. I'll see if I can find it again, unless it sold already.

Here's the one I saw. Looked like it was in good shape...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330912420015?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

So I emailed Dan at A&A Performance, and he tells me that the 6th gen is the same width as the 5th gen, but taller. Mounting one would require a little fabrication to the mounting hardware.