Two Brothers Left Exit On A 3Rd Gen

TallCarver

Hi all! I'm facing a couple of issues with the two brothers racing exhaust that came on my bike.

Its mounting position had allowed the rear axle to rub a hole into the side of the exhaust canister. It has been thickly patched- a piece of aluminum welded over it.

We've done a bit to the ride height and the suspension but it still appears to be rubbing.

I plan to get a pipe made that will mount it higher up in the rear but don't want to get rid of my rear pegs.

Anyone done this to a third gen and have some insight? What did you do to mount it?

• Member Contributer

My hi-mount BOS exhaust came -well I guess the dealer sourced it from somewhere- with a peg holder that went round the muffler.

Maybe yo can make/buy something similar for you left exhaust?

If you want I can dive into the shed and dig it up for a picture..... (been w/o passenger pegs for more than a decade...)

• 3 weeks later...

Dutchy, that sounds interesting.

My bike is in the shop since Tuesday directly following TMac. Dyno Jets getting done.

After that I'll be full throttle on getting my exhaust situation fixed. I'll post exhaust photos in a few days (next week?) when the jet kits get into the shop and I get to take her home.

The fit for left exit exhaust had always been tight on the VFRs, especially right where it crosses under the swingarm, including the RC30s where they actually had to put a pinch on the pipe to get it to clear the bottom of the swingarm. What I think could be made better on the 2 Br. System is to get the can to angle and/or hang higher, as it looks a bit too low in a "not so sporty" way.....

If one can hang the can to about as high as a typical high right exhaust system, it will look so much better, IMO....

Beck

95 VFR

Edited by Beck

• Member Contributer

That is what we are running into. The can is pulled as high up against the passenger peg as possible and still contacts the axle on compression.

We have counter sunk the rear brake bolt and rotated the eccentric to 12 o'clock. Also installed a Fox twin clicker and adjusted it to raise the rear.

When reassemebled and tested, the chain was dragging on the mid-pipe. Had to lower to rear ride height (on the threaded shock adjuster) so that it does not rub.

I think we need to have a new mid pipe made (probably with a "pinch" or "dent" for chain clearance) and remove the rear pegs.

I would be happy to change my tune if we can see what Dutchy has pics of, I think refitting the peg to allow a higher pipe would solve all of the problems.

Sounds interesting Timmy Decoppe. It would be tough to tell whether they would contact chain or not. I could send my mid pipe up with pops for a comparison.

Edited by TallCarver

• Member Contributer

This for a right side, hi mount Bos. For my Akra i must add a few o rings to make it stand out a bit wider.

If you need exact measurents or angles let me know.

post-8974-0-99653400-1369938518.jpgpost-8974-0-23388000-1369938679.jpgpost-8974-0-57116700-1369938718.jpgpost-8974-0-11004700-1369938757.jpgpost-8974-0-59717800-1369938791.jpgpost-8974-0-57738300-1369938819.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks bunches Dutchy!

We may be able to do something like that...with a little help from Seb or someone.