Usb Power!

JeffInFranklinTN

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have the original Honda 12v installed under the seat. I have now bought a Ram mount with X grip, fixed at the stem. Today I wired a USB cable from the 12v to my Sony phone in the x grip. It starts to charge when I turn the ignition on. Looks fine, but is there anything I need to worry about? Draining of battery while driving? 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, tomfly73 said:

So I have the original Honda 12v installed under the seat. I have now bought a Ram mount with X grip, fixed at the stem. Today I wired a USB cable from the 12v to my Sony phone in the x grip. It starts to charge when I turn the ignition on. Looks fine, but is there anything I need to worry about? Draining of battery while driving? 

As long as you're charging circuit is good, you're battery should be fine. If you haven't put a volt meter on your bike yet, that would be a good thing to add. This way you'll know if you are or will have a battery problem.

Hi, thanks. I haven't put a voltmeter on the bike, but sure will consider. I don't know if I'm running 1A or 2,1 A. So if I understand this right, only 2,1 A will actually charge the phone while driving and using it for for example navigation by GPS?

Sent fra min F5121 via Tapatalk