Vfr Can't Keep Up With V-Rod?

goose

Why does it matter whose bike is faster ? Because some people want to know, and others want to show those who don't know how wrong they are LOL.

Why do we bother buying red bike then??..... :rolleyes:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I believe I posted this before but it is sooo fitting for this thread too!

I believe I posted this before but it is sooo fitting for this thread too!

:laughing6-hehe:

But seriously, I have a couple of friends who are Harleydoods, and they aren't too bad - really, they are pretty good guys - not even putz like in the slightest. They just always wanted an old school bike which would require regular inspection of many of the fasteners to make sure the parts would stay attached.

• Member Contributer

Mr. Officer Sir?

I didnt go to Evil Sergeant's School to be called "officer"

damn right! you address timmy as SIR.!! spelled C U R :goofy:

Mr. Officer Sir?

Just goofin with you fellas.

.... but I was raised to never call a Sgt "Sir". my pops was a Chief Master Sergeant and he wouldnt even let the Lieutenants call him sir.

Mr. Officer Sir?

.... but I was raised to never call a Sgt "Sir". my pops was a Chief Master Sergeant and he wouldnt even let the Lieutenants call him sir.

Trust me, day to day I would never call a Sgt "Sir", and that is out of respect, especially the ones who help me keep my ass out of the fires I don't see coming!

• Member Contributer

Mr. Officer Sir?

Trust me, day to day I would never call a Sgt "Sir", and that is out of respect, especially the ones who help me keep my ass out of the fires I don't see coming!

well of course not! Sargents work for a living.

I raced for titles. I now own a HD motorbike. At least its black.....

IMG_32081_zpsf2a20d72.jpg

Is this for real? Did you really race for pinks? I haven't had enough coffee yet and my joke-radar might not be working.

• Member Contributer

Harleys are generally slow, heavy, loud and outdated compared to modern machines. Just like a '65 289 Mustang or a big block '67 2 door Impala.

But I'd love to have either of those cars in my garage for the day long drives or a classic Harley for the same. Sure wouldn't be challenging anyone to a race though.

To HD's credit, they did get at least one right from the start

0706_hrbp_05_z%252Bused_harley_davidson_

Hmmm . . . is that exhaust FLAT BLACK?

I'm a big fan of the XR1200
post-22106-0-34427000-1366213700.jpg

Also used to ride a Buell S2 Thunderbolt and I was quite fond of it, handled great, and surprised more than a few 600's in a straight line..

Looked like this one, but had V&H exhaust with a Sidewinder intake.
post-22106-0-86554300-1366213887.jpg

• Member Contributer

I was actually looking for a Buell when I found "Cindy". Would still like to have one, but I don't consider a Buell a "harley".

I'm only 54 now, so I consider myself a little young for a HD cruiser :happy: but if I ever go for the cross country touring scene with the little woman I'd be mighty tempted to get a big HD bagger... Still wouldn't catch me with the dew-rag, hd badge, no-protective gear wearing poser/costume crowd.

:beer:

And yes, I suppose from what I know from coming to VFRD that it's a little unfair of me to put my bike up against a vrod since it's red... Maybe if I had one of the slower colors?

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

timmythecop, on 15 Apr 2013 - 2:21 PM, said:

slither, on 14 Apr 2013 - 8:11 PM, said:

Mr. Officer Sir?

I made that mistake once...

This is a very entertaining thread...God knows we are just as passionate about our VFR's as they are their HD's. I like to think the nicer people ride Hondas though :happy: .

I was on the other side of this issue sort of when I was just into my second year of riding. I hooked up with a Honda Riders group out of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. At the time I was riding a Kawi Vulcan 900 Custom (read quite a bit of rake and not much cornering clearance). The group consisted of mostly sport tourers (ST1300's and some BMW's), some VTX cruisers, and me on my lowly Kawasaki. I didn't know enough to be ashamed...I was just having fun with my gal on the back riding some great roads up north. We were on a ride up to Ainsworth Hot Springs in Canada and the roads began to get quite twisty. I was in the lead group following the ST's and a BMW that was supposed to be one of the more respected and accomplished riders I was to find out later that evening. Being inexperienced, I was starting to get frustrated following the big BMW sport tourer because everytime we would come up to corner, he would get hard on the brakes. This would repeatedly happen in corners that even on my ride I could tell were not that technical. I finally backed off and decided that he was afraid of carrying speed into the corners. After constant pipe and peg dragging that trip, my gal helped me decide that I was on the wrong type of bike. I was just beginning to discover that I didn't so much enjoy the loud pipes I had mounted as much as I did the cornering aspect of riding. The problem was when I was just starting to have fun in a corner, hard parts started dragging, sparks started flying, and suddenly the corner wasn't fun anymore. I think it was the next spring that I fell for a 2004 asphalt black VFR that I found in Lewiston, Idaho. The rest is history...

Does it really matter if a V-Rod or any bike if faster than yours? If you enjoy riding your motorcycle that's all that matters. There will always be something and someone faster

Of course it matters, it always matters...

• Member Contributer
I didn't know enough to be ashamed...I was just having fun with my gal on the back riding some great roads

I think this may be the meaning of life . . .

• Member Contributer
I didn't know enough to be ashamed...I was just having fun with my gal on the back riding some great roads

Or at least the opening line of the next great novel.

• Member Contributer

Or at least the opening line of the next great novel.

It's funny...my wife and I enjoy riding our ST1300 immensly and of course I like how it handles (slightly VFR-like), but to this day she remembers our trips to Canada and to the Oregon coast on our Vulcan 900 cruiser as the most enjoyable. I think the rumble of the pipes did something for her...LOL. I probably had a more laid back riding style back then...

• Member Contributer

The Girl rides her own bike but she gets tired on Sundays after 600 miles down and 200 to get home. She keeps wanting me to get an ST1300 so I can drag her around once and a while and give her a little break. We took a test ride on one last year and she loved it.

My novel's opening line would be: "As much fun as acceleration is...not slowing down for corners is just more fun".

KEB

Archived