Canadian Suppliers For Tires?

KanadianKen

Looking to buy a set of Pilot Powers from a Canadian supplier. I've nothing against the US suppliers, its the border crossing with UPS Brokerage charges that I have a problem with.

Thought I'd check if any other Canucks have a good source for Powers.......

The usual suspects are likely Pete's Superbikes, and maybe Royal Distributing (if they have them - and there is a sale on).

Suggestions?

Pulled the trigger - ordered from Pete's.....

Total with taxes and shipping for a 180 and a 120 - was $296.15.

Lets see how quickly they arrive.....

• Member Contributer

Ken Shipping is stupid fast with Pete's.

• Member Contributer

Ken, out of curiosity, do you run the Pilot Power on both front and rear or do you combine with another tire i.e. PP (fr)/PR2(rr)? I was considering going with a pure sport tire as a track day/sport riding only tire. Although the mileage would more than likely be a lot less than say a set of PR2s or other similar sport-tour tire, but I was wondering what mileage your getting and what your overall experience has been.

Ken, out of curiosity, do you run the Pilot Power on both front and rear or do you combine with another tire i.e. PP (fr)/PR2(rr)? I was considering going with a pure sport tire as a track day/sport riding only tire. Although the mileage would more than likely be a lot less than say a set of PR2s or other similar sport-tour tire, but I was wondering what mileage your getting and what your overall experience has been.

Duc - I tried the combo that Baileyrock has had good success with - the Pilot Power Front with the PR2 Rear. I hated it - not because of quality or mileage - but because of the different tire profile. I really have gotten used to the Pilot Power "V" profile - and as far as mileage goes - I don't ride enough to wear tires out properly - i change them usually before TMAC and the set I have on now have been on for 2 seasons - likely 5,000 kms at most. For $300 every two years - to have nice new sticky rubber is inexpensive enough to just change them out.

I suppose I could get used to the PR2 "U" shape profile - but its not worth it to me. I really like the Pilot Power profile, and I'll be sticking with it.

Sportbiketrackgear is just across the border in Detroit. They are cheap for the tires and reasonable for the shipping. I've been buying them and having them shipped to Calgary for a few years now.

• Member Contributer

I had a total disaster with Pete's last year. (Quick summary: Forgot to send my order, delayed sending it, sent the wrong size, sent the wrong replacement tire... - it was a comedy of errors that took 48 days to get what I had ordered. You may recall this thread? http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/72061-whats-wrong-with-these-pictures/.)

The next tire I ordered from Canada's Motorcycle and had a much better experience. The tire that I ordered actually appeared in the correct size within a few days. (Astonishing!)

Your milage may vary.

• Member Contributer

The next tire I ordered from Canada's Motorcycle and had a much better experience. The tire that I ordered actually appeared in the correct size within a few days. (Astonishing!)

+1 for Canada's Motorcycle

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/

Free shipping on orders over $99

• Member Contributer

There is Bayside Performance (www.baysideperformance.ca) in Vancouver for those living on or nearer to the west coast. I have bought tires from them before but picked them up since I was in town visiting family. They have Michelin PP set on sale now for $250. Have also bought from Pete's before too. Nothing bad to report on either transaction.

For anyone interested, Pete's total cost to me is $296.00 and Canada's Motorcycle is $303.00 Both very similar prices.

Are these Snow tryes??? :laugh:

We do not find any humour in your post. Its April, and I still have snow in my yard...... Good thing I got to ride with Scott Russell last week in Monterey, or I'd be VERY cranky by now............. Bwa ha ha!!!!!

• Member Contributer

I bought michelin powers,pirrellis and metzlers at Royal distributing last year for $200 per set no tax just the stupid environmenal tax bs . They were fresh as in made the previous month and I still have a set of pirrelis . They will have the same deal coming up very soon either end of the month or first week of may .

I bought michelin powers,pirrellis and metzlers at Royal distributing last year for $200 per set no tax just the stupid environmenal tax bs . They were fresh as in made the previous month and I still have a set of pirrelis . They will have the same deal coming up very soon either end of the month or first week of may .

That is a great deal! If that sale happens I'll buy a spare set. Tks.

• Member Contributer

For anyone interested, Pete's total cost to me is $296.00 and Canada's Motorcycle is $303.00 Both very similar prices.

At the time that I ordered Pete's was a couple of dollars less - but I'd rather pay $5 more and receive my tires in a week rather than wait two months in the middle of riding season. Really hoping that you get the tires you ordered in a reasonable timeframe.

• Member Contributer

+1 on STG, I buy a lot of stuff from them and most of the time their tire prices are cheaper than everybody else, but I did a price comparison earlier and actually found that Jake Wilson had the cheapest price for a set of PP3s. Not sure what the cost to ship over the border, but for those stateside a set of tires easily makes free shipping.

Ken Shipping is stupid fast with Pete's.

Tires were ordered Friday, and today (Tuesday) - they arrived around 1:00pm via FEDEX. Correct tires, perfect!

Bought 5 sets of tires from Pete's...he stumbled once.

FYI, Pete's is a 3 man outfit, with one guy doing tire changes. I like to support the small guy, although when he messed up I was not a happy camper :mad: ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I had a total disaster with Pete's last year. (Quick summary: Forgot to send my order, delayed sending it, sent the wrong size, sent the wrong replacement tire... - it was a comedy of errors that took 48 days to get what I had ordered. You may recall this thread? http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/72061-whats-wrong-with-these-pictures/.)

Your milage may vary.

Thanks Olive. I had not heard of Canadian Motorcycle until your posting. Ordered front and rear BT-023's on the 16th and they arrived on the 18th! Also saved $83.54 over dealer quote all in. Thanks again for the tip.

BT 023 Tires

• 1 year later...

I ordered a new front tire from Canada's Motorcycle recently (Michelin Pilot2). Service was as expected, as compared to a recent flurry of orders over the past month or two, which is to say very good. Processed quickly enough, free shipping, on sched delivery. I will order anything that I can from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived