Has Anyone Modded The "two Bro's" Exhaust, So That Both Pipes Work?

Guest jhanso18

CandyRedRC46, on 13 Apr 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:snapback.png

The amount of newb in this thread is unreal.

Is that a bad thing? It means the Viffer crowd is growing...

Great answer! I am currently looking at doing this exhaust, while the dummy can bothers me, my old 93 had a 2bros can and I loved the sound of it. So in my opinion sound > dummy can.

It does sound GREAT, just looks goofy with exhaust only coming out of one...

I guess we can learn to accept the dummy pipe on VFRs as people didn't seem to mind when Honda put on a humungous sized dummy fuel tank on the first GL1000s........ :rolleyes:

Do you guys honestly think that having a second muffler branch off of the same SINGLE pipe, really affects the sound?

I would put money on it, that in a line up of ten different, but equally modded sixth gens with different slip ons, that not one of you here could pick the single can out of the group, while blind folded. The second can splitting off the single pipe only adds weight and reduces flow. To top it off, no one even notices it until I pull the fake can off to go to the track and then I get to drop an extra 3 or 4 pounds off of the bike for free. You guys are seriously the only people that even notice that its not hooked up.

Theoretically, two mufflers should be quieter than one. There is more surface area inside the mufflers, more sound absorbing materials, and the exhaust velocity through each muffler would be halved, all else being equal.

• Like 1

Do you guys honestly think that having a second muffler branch off of the same SINGLE pipe, really affects the sound?

I would put money on it, that in a line up of ten different, but equally modded sixth gens with different slip ons, that not one of you here could pick the single can out of the group, while blind folded. The second can splitting off the single pipe only adds weight and reduces flow. To top it off, no one even notices it until I pull the fake can off to go to the track and then I get to drop an extra 3 or 4 pounds off of the bike for free. You guys are seriously the only people that even notice that its not hooked up.

Guilty!,....Mehhh...... :tongue:

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

The only benefit I see with two mufflers is if you wanted to put the silencers in, it would restrict the exhaust much less.

Edited by CandyRedRC46

• Member Contributer

Some of you are talking about 2 different 2 bros. systems. The Stash and the newer V.A.L.E.

Stash005-65-Rear.jpg V.A.L.E.m2vd-10-AL.jpg

Guest jhanso18

It will make it quiter, which is OK with me. I don't care about 3-4lbs at the track either, I didn't buy a VFR to go racing with, and learning to launch better will be way better time spent then trying to save a few pounds. It will make my bike a noticably quiter, which is something I want. (I worked in the exhaust ind. for a LONG time, and I'm 90% sure it will be a noticable difference.)

I get that this mod isn't to your taste, but why the flames? If you don't like it fine, but I'm going to do it for my own reasons. No need to sling mud, were all here to have fun and share ideas.

Now I kinda want to do up a dummy can for the Nighthawk... that is an awesome idea.

Not the VFR, I like the twin Supertrapps too much to cut her down to one.

Edited by PFox

• 7 years later...