Has Anyone Modded The "two Bro's" Exhaust, So That Both Pipes Work?

Guest jhanso18

Guest jhanso18

Just curious have it now and it sounds great! Just looks silly with only one hooked up. I tried the search but didn't a thread about it.

I have a Two Brothers system also, the left can is real but not hooked up. I'm assuming TBR has it figured that one can give the best performance?

Guest jhanso18

I don't really care about a couple HP, The bike has MORE than enough for my tastes. I just want them both hooked up. The second can looks real I suppose I can take it apart and look. It's not a huge priority yet, but I might try to tackle this in a month or so. I'll post picks when I do. I'm guessing it will actually be a bit quieter.

I also remember that system from 2 Bros. as the "Stash", with one functional muffler on the right side of the bike and the left one, IIRC, an openable storage "dummy" can that does not have any baffles and packing of any sort in it.. I can't see why 2 Bros. will waste customer's money by providing a real can and not hooking it up....

If you do have a real can with your system, someone might have started a mod of a "Stash" system to a two muffler system and did not get to finish the project??

I always thought the whole stash thing was kinda goofy to start with. I've read a lot of posts through the years from people with eventual "buyers remorse" with that system....

JMOs

Chombi

Edited by Beck

• Member Contributer

Most of their 2nd "dummy cans" are not stach cans unfortnately from what I understood. It was only one model that was. If you do not have a small key hole in the exhaust opening it is not a stach can. You can try to mod it to be one though :)

Guest wagigkpn

I have the two bro's with the fake stash can...Previous owner put it on. I love it! Also, if you are doing a track day, you can take it off to shave some pounds.

Guest jhanso18

Most of their 2nd "dummy cans" are not stach cans unfortnately from what I understood. It was only one model that was. If you do not have a small key hole in the exhaust opening it is not a stach can. You can try to mod it to be one though :)

Mine does not have the key hole. You can look right through it. I don't know if it has packing, but it has a perforated tube that you can see completely through. I'll try and get a pic of it.

Guest wagigkpn

Very few people notice it...even seasoned riders...The amount of storage space it provides is amazing. I hold my tool kit a cargo net and some bungie cords in mine. Still has room for more tools if i wanted...

• Member Contributer

Very few people notice it...even seasoned riders...The amount of storage space it provides is amazing. I hold my tool kit a cargo net and some bungie cords in mine. Still has room for more tools if i wanted...

I would love to have that system but no cash for it right now. Too bad they don't make it for their newer systems. They still have a dead can but it is useless (ie the OP).

• Member Contributer

if you like the stash.. then remove the end capp of your dummy pipe.

weld a plate over the exit pipe about 2 inches in,so it still looks real .

then use threaded bolts to remount the end cap.

i did this on a *^ vfr750..

now THAT was a stash can!

tons of tools ,rain gear, hat ,gloves and a back back was stuffed into that D&D can :happy:

I have it on my bike from the PO. I love it. I keep my tool kit in there since I have a fused panel and the pro-oiler installed under the seat. Rags, stock tool kit, full set of metric Allen wrenches, fuses, zip ties, bungee net, and my tire repair kit with CO2 in it right now. I wouldn't consider getting rid of it. Most people don't even notice it's fake so I don't worry about people messing with it.

I dunno,...but having a "dummy" can on an otherwise cool bike like the VFR, is almost like having dummy cylinders on your V4......

Maybe on a smaller, less sophisticated ride it would make sense, but not on a classy VFR...... IIRC, the old Honda Rebel 250 had a dummy can too.... :rolleyes:

Storage problems can always be amended by using backpacks, tank or saddle bags.

I guess that in the end its up to the VFR owner whether to have it on his bike or not, but one should never be surprised if the thing gets questioned by other riders quite a bit....

JMOs...

Chombi...

Guest wagigkpn

I dunno,...but having a "dummy" can on an otherwise cool bike like the VFR, is almost like having dummy cylinders on your V4......

Maybe on a smaller, less sophisticated ride it would make sense, but not on a classy VFR...... IIRC, the old Honda Rebel 250 had a dummy can too.... :rolleyes:

I guess that in the end its up to the VFR owner whether to have it on his bike or not, but one should never be surprised if the thing gets questioned by other riders quite a bit....

JMOs...

Chombi...

You can never have too much storage space! It also does not restrict performance as the other muffler is designed to handle the engine by itself. If a dummy muffler means keeping a back pack off my back i will sign up every single time...Hate backpacks when riding!

• Member Contributer

I suspect running all exhaust out of one can rather than two makes it louder. Perhaps we will get a chance to test this at TMAC.

• Member Contributer

Beck, on 09 Apr 2013 - 2:53 PM, said:

JMOs...

Chombi...

i have never seen a rebel with a dummy can,. they dont come that way..

and having a hidden functioning storage spot is nothing like having fake nonworking cylinders.

i hate fake carb covers on cruisers.. but i have turned them into a cellphone holder and charger :fing02:

Beck, on 09 Apr 2013 - 2:53 PM, said:

JMOs...

Chombi...

i have never seen a rebel with a dummy can,. they dont come that way..

and having a hidden functioning storage spot is nothing like having fake nonworking cylinders.

i hate fake carb covers on cruisers.. but i have turned them into a cellphone holder and charger :fing02:

My mistake, it was the small Yamaha cruiser that have it......I just saw one in the local Honda dealer yesterday, and yes, the upper shotgun pipe ends near the engine with a blank mounting plate, just short of the cylinders...

Edited by Beck

• 2 weeks later...

CandyRedRC46, on 13 Apr 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:snapback.png

The amount of newb in this thread is unreal.

Is that a bad thing? It means the Viffer crowd is growing...

Great answer! I am currently looking at doing this exhaust, while the dummy can bothers me, my old 93 had a 2bros can and I loved the sound of it. So in my opinion sound > dummy can.

Guest jhanso18

CandyRedRC46, on 13 Apr 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:snapback.png

The amount of newb in this thread is unreal.

Is that a bad thing? It means the Viffer crowd is growing...

Great answer! I am currently looking at doing this exhaust, while the dummy can bothers me, my old 93 had a 2bros can and I loved the sound of it. So in my opinion sound > dummy can.

It does sound GREAT, just looks goofy with exhaust only coming out of one...