Corner Carver Made Me Do It

timmythecop

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Sweet score on the new V4. I really liked the 500 when I got to take a test ride on one. Lots of power and pretty light weight.

Someone will buy that Guzzi off of you, just probably not here. Maybe someone from the cafe racer sites.

• Member Contributer

Well done! Careful maintenance of the valve lash, selecting a top notch motor oil and filter, proper engine warm-up and keeping the revs in check (the hardest thing to do) are all keys to owning a 500. They're great bikes but definitely not a 'set it and forget it' type of engine. Good luck and have fun!

• Member Contributer

Congratulations Timmy. The big question, in my mind, is: Does the monkey like it?

I just remembered, I have a bucket of bolts and a nice clean radiator for that bike.

Leftovers from this: http://vfrworld.com/forums/1st-2nd-generation-1983-1989/14050-death-vf500-i-tried-make-quick-painless.html

(forgive the link to the "other" site... looks like the thread here got pruned!)

I am still amazed at how much of that bike went together with 10mm hex head bolts!

Just for a goof, I sprayed carb cleaner into the intake snout and hit the button. Idled just fine. I hope it does the same with actual gasoline!

V50: Do you know anyone on the Guzzi list? There are a few truly dedicated fanatics in MD. If you don't have a connection PM the details and I'll re-route them to 'persons of interest'. I have a Daytona, LeMans 2 and a 1000 and an '87 V50 III. R3~

V50: Do you know anyone on the Guzzi list? There are a few truly dedicated fanatics in MD. If you don't have a connection PM the details and I'll re-route them to 'persons of interest'. I have a Daytona, LeMans 2 and a 1000 and an '87 V50 III. R3~

I had to sell My 1000sp and my Lemans MkIII during hard times about 7 years ago. Broke my heart. PM sent.

• Member Contributer

Just for a goof, I sprayed carb cleaner into the intake snout and hit the button. Idled just fine. I hope it does the same with actual gasoline!

That's great news Timmy!...I should be able to sort through the plastics I have and see whether I have a set to match your tail/side plastics or whether I have to move the full set on to you...

• Member Contributer

what next, a 12 o'clock bar? those look like caveman versions of the cages that stunters use today. :goofy:

what next, a 12 o'clock bar? those look like caveman versions of the cages that stunters use today. :goofy:

and here I thought the miniceptor ws bringing us closer, Richard.

only a mother could love that ..... Sorry Timmy ...

Put guzzi on craigslist at 800 bucks more than I have into it. 27 responses in 10 hours. A bidding war has broken out. Lots of mothers out there!

• Member Contributer

Sweeet!

you may make enough to purchase a very nice set of matching plastics along with both the smal chin fairing and period correct Lockhart Phillips full lower...the jury is still out on whether or not I toss in the very rare rear seat cowl and latch (in matching factory colors as well) but the Richard remark has me leaning towards yes. :goofy:

Archived