Rapid Bike Fuel And Ignition Controller For 2007 Vfr800 Vtec

I've got two fuel/ignition maps for the vfr800 vtec. One for a stock vfr and one for a modded. I also have one fuel map for a 5th gen vfr. It is no harder to install or load maps than a power commander. I wouldn't tinker with the maps unless you really know what you're doing, but the map that my Rapid Bike came loaded with is great. It actually feels better than the one that I had made on a dyno for my bike. I haven't touched the fueling, but I did add some timing. I am going to put it on the dyno in a few months and get it perfected. I will share that map with whoever wants it too, but these maps are NOT compatible with power commander.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the RapidBike module comes preloaded WITH an altered map? (IE: non stock fuelling)

How do they know which map to load from the get-go to work with your bike?

I can only speak for the Rapid Bike module I bought from Rapid Bike USA. I exchanged a lot of emails with Lenny and was on the phone with him a few times a week for a couple months sorting everything out before he shipped my module out. So he was aware of my setup and all my modifications. He was kind enough to load the map for me before shipping it out. But, basically it was just a base map for an 06 vfr800 with air box and exhaust mods. It was basically just to get me close to where I should be, before I put it on the dyno. But, it wound up being a better map than the one that I had made for my power commander a few years back. I am still going to put it on the dyno in a few months when I find my self a good tuner in the Florida area.

Now if you buy a Rapid Bike from another source like ebay or something, I would expect to have to load one in there yourself. Like I said, its not a big deal. If you're compitent enough to load a map in a power commander, you'll be fine loading a map in a Rapid Bike. I have a fuel/ignition map for a vtec vfr with mods, a fuel/ignition map for a stock vtec vfr, and a fuel map for a modded 5th gen as well, for any one that wants it. Also if anyone wants to go further and do velocity stacks and throttle body porting, I'll let them get the custom map for that after I get my bike tuned.

• 4 months later...

welllllllll I finally ordered my rapid bike module :) Lenny informed me that the #2 module is no loner available from them only the #1... well I ordered it anyway with the quick shifter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

This is awesome, just saw this thread.

2 quick questions.

In the pic you put in your first post, it shows the model being 2002-06 specific but I see you have a 2007. Is this correct or did you get a 2007+ model and if so are there any differences?

They say you need a 150$ Lambda o2 sensor for this kit but I did not see you include this in your costs. Did you simply use the good ol' 0.10$ 330ohms resistors?

Thanks!

welllllllll I finally ordered my rapid bike module :) Lenny informed me that the #2 module is no loner available from them only the #1... well I ordered it anyway with the quick shifter

If i ever get my hands on a rapid bike 3 module i could sell you my rapid bike 2 for a good price.

This is awesome, just saw this thread.

2 quick questions.

In the pic you put in your first post, it shows the model being 2002-06 specific but I see you have a 2007. Is this correct or did you get a 2007+ model and if so are there any differences?

They say you need a 150$ Lambda o2 sensor for this kit but I did not see you include this in your costs. Did you simply use the good ol' 0.10$ 330ohms resistors?

Thanks!

all of the vfr 800 2002-2009 hardware should be the same. only the mapping would change, so the 2006-2009 vfr800 are basically the same. i do not know why they only have it listed until 2006. that may have been the last year that they produced the rapid bike 2 modules. i am pretty sure that they have been out of production for a while. i do have the rapid bike o2 eliminators on my bike and i think lenny threw them in for free. i am not positive but i would assume that they would be the equivalent of running the 330 ohm resistors or the power commander or bazzaz eliminators.

So, I didn't see where it would map-by-gear. Did I miss something?

the rapid bike 1 2 and 3 modules do not have that feature. that would be on the newer dimsport models like the rapid bike race or possibly the rapid bike evo. i guess it would be nice but i dont see the need. maybe one day i will get lucky and get the rapid bike race and adapter harness, or even just a rapid bike 3, but really i am more than pleased with the rapid bike 2. i would have gladly paid $600 just for the ignition advance alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I think what Lenny is going to tell you is that, he still has some module 1's left over and the module 2's are all sold out.

I am pretty sure that that has been the case for a long time.

• Member Contributer

As an aside on the 5th Gen, if you have a PC3 & upgrade to CoP then a PC Ignition Module for a CBR929/954 can be used on the VFR ! I'm looking for one now :)

you guys got it easy on that one!!! we got screwed with those 3 wire coils!

i was working out the details on this one for years before i found out about rapid bike.

mohawk, wait till you feel the midrange shove of 4 degrees advance at 7000 rpms.

you literally slide all the way back in your seat, rolling the throttle open in 3rd gear.

it is intoxicating to say the least.

• Member Contributer

So the Rapid Bike 2 for the VFR is not available, does anyone know if Lenny has the Rapid Bike Evo?

We need a solution for the 5th gen engine/6th gen frame/harness/ecm we have on the lift.

• Member Contributer

As an aside on the 5th Gen, if you have a PC3 & upgrade to CoP then a PC Ignition Module for a CBR929/954 can be used on the VFR ! I'm looking for one now :)

Please share info and details!

I converted my 5th gen to COPs and it runs great... I'd love to play with a little ignition advance...

:lurk:

• 10 months later...

Hey guys we have a major break through! I have gotten Dimsport to agree to produce the Newest model of Rapid Bike, The "Rapid Bike Racing"!!!!

Please read through the details of the entire thread on the link below:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/78467-official-rapid-bike-race-group-buy/

• Member Contributer

Kinda head scratching on working out the differences on the fueling MK1s and MK2s 5th gens.....

('98/'99 = MK1, '00/'01 = MK2)

If any of you fifth geners want to make a trip to Orlando, we can do a test fit when mine comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

If any of you fifth geners want to make a trip to Orlando, we can do a test fit when mine comes in.

I'll bring my '99 wiring harness on my next business trip to Orlando.. TSA won't mind all the wiring in my luggage... 'prolly won't even notice...

• Member Contributer

I'll bring my '99 wiring harness on my next business trip to Orlando.. TSA won't mind all the wiring in my luggage... 'prolly won't even notice...

:wink:

Candy did you ever get your bike to the dyno yet? Is the VTEC transision any better with your tune? I'd think with the ability to change timing and fuel some would should be able to smooth that out pretty well...

No because I always need to do one more mod before I tune it, then months and months go by and I'm to busy doing the next mod to get a tune. But that's the beauty of this. It will continually tune itself with every new mod that I do. But I will make sure to get some before and after dynos for you guys after the install.

Archived