23K+ Km And A Possible Dct Failure?

• Member Contributer

Good on ya.

Keep pushing this channel. I'm telling you, you rattle some heads in Japan, and shit happens. They do not play. Honda may not be the Honda of old but Japanese culture is very different than European culture, and they tend to take these types of things very seriously. You will continue to have to jump through hurdles but in the end I think they'll support.

Good luck to you sir.

Edited by luvtoleanit

• Member Contributer

I've been following this also with anticipation that Honda will do the right thing,

There's a difference between normal wear and tear, abuse and defective, this is an obvious defect in the product, a lemon as is known in the auto industry and Honda would do itself a tremendous service by making things right.

• Member Contributer

Hi fotodaddy,

While it is encouraging to hear from Honda about your dilemma, it is not good practice to post all of your direct communication on this or any forum. It can potentially sour any goodwill between you and the other party. Transactions of goodwill should be kept private lest it jeopardize future instances of goodwill. If Honda or any mfgr of goods sees its actions broadcast like this, it will be less inclined to do so in the future simply because it establishes the perception that this is now legal obligation for any such instance when in fact they are acting beyond their legal obligation. Furthermore, from a cultural perspective, the Japanese and most Asian cultures expect confidentiality in the business dealings. Violating their trust can scuttle the best of intentions. IMHO you would do well to keep a lid on it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Update.

In the last 2 weeks, Honda have surprised me further with the care and concern they have shown.

I even got a visit from reps from the local assembly plant (assembling 125s and petrol generators) who took pictures and asked questions and stuff.

Good news soon?

We will see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I have received quite a few emails and phone calls. All seem to be pointing to a happy ending for this story.

When it happens, I will share with all.

• Member Contributer

Hmmmmm!

What I can say is that it is not very easy to process imports into Nigeria. What with all the documentation that one has to do.....especially if such an item has never been imported before. :wink:

I am loving HONDA :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

More details please!

And if they are giving you a brand new bike, major congratulations!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

What can I say!

A picture is worth a thousand words.

In this case....several! Honda came through for me BIG TIME!

IMAG0926.jpg

Hmmmmm...what do we have here!

IMAG0929.jpg

Hmmmm....a HONDA Van!

IMAG0927.jpg

Ahhh....A Box

IMAG0930.jpg

Looks like an engine.....could it be?

IMAG0933.jpg

Ohhh yes.....a brand spanking new HONDA VFR1200FD Engine!

IMAG0973.jpg

Getting reday for heart "transplant"

IMAG0982.jpg

In progress.....

IMAG0983.jpg

More progress!!!

IMAG0984.jpg

End of day 1.