'84 Vf750F Project

CBVFRbikeboy

• Member Contributer

Took the wheels into have some Sports Demon tyres fitted. Lots of tread left on the BT45s, but the sidewalls are cracked all over the place.

sidewall.jpg

Was all set to get a pair of the Avons Jeff, then realised the rear on this thing is an 18 and not 17 like the R :mellow:

I do have a spare 17" off the 1100, but that's only a 2.75. I also have a spare set of R wheels, but I think I'd have trouble with the rear brake set-up. The 1000F 3.5" boomerang would probably bolt straight on, but it's black of course :mellow:

Having more stuff lying around only confuses me more :wacko:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, I reckon she's done clear.png Only thing left to do is peel the protective plastic of the new screen, and wait for my chain riveting tool to turn up so I can tick that off the list.

rightSide.jpg

rightRear.jpg

vf750-vf1000r.jpg

next step: off to get an inspection and club reg. whoo hoo!

cheers

ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Had an issue with the fans not kicking in when they should. I know they worked before, so the fix should be simple. Turns out the connection at thermo switch on the lower radiator wasn't making proper contact with the wires, so a little finessing had that sorted. Let her idle for ages with no dramas.The first mark on the tape is when the fans fire up. The second was what it reached before I found the problem :unsure:

{media]

[/media]

• Member Contributer

No, but I'm not happy with them. They were custom made, but the left hand one is too long and bunches up at the bars. I will replace them when I can find a seller that makes them for this model. Any suggestions Kel?

cheers

ian

• Member Contributer

No, but I'm not happy with them. They were custom made, but the left hand one is too long and bunches up at the bars. I will replace them when I can find a seller that makes them for this model. Any suggestions Kel?

cheers

ian

I would make my own. Earls makes a nice DIY kit. Here's the rear line I made using some Earl's stuff. Teflon core, stainless braid with a smoked housing. Couple of banjos and some new crush washers and done. All compression fittings so no special crimping needed.

DSC03443.JPG?psid=1

• Member Contributer

Lots of folks that make custom brake lines. They don't have to be model specific.

The annoying thing is that these were custom made. I think I botched the measurements. I have a set of Venhills on the one of the CBs, and they have adjustable banjos, which helps a little with alignment and routing, but I couldn't retrace my steps to find where I got them.

I will replace them eventually. Might look in to that Earl's stuff. Thanks guys.

I have the English place for the venhill lines. Just a word of warning on home made lines - in Aus I think they equal instant red sticker as there is no testing or certification which high pressure brake lines need to be compliant.

Shoot me an email and I will send the venhill suppier details.

I also have a spare set of braided VF1000R front lines (3 line kit) from goodyear but they may be too short.

I was making my own lines and had good luck with them.

I still make some lines when I need to, but I have found that Core Moto makes really nice custom lines at a very good price. $138 for a 3-line kit built to my specs. Awesome color variety!

Lots of folks that make custom brake lines. They don't have to be model specific.

The annoying thing is that these were custom made. I think I botched the measurements. I have a set of Venhills on the one of the CBs, and they have adjustable banjos, which helps a little with alignment and routing, but I couldn't retrace my steps to find where I got them.

I will replace them eventually. Might look in to that Earl's stuff. Thanks guys.

They could easily be cut and shortened, and one new end crimped on.

I was making my own lines and had good luck with them.

I still make some lines when I need to, but I have found that Core Moto makes really nice custom lines at a very good price. $138 for a 3-line kit built to my specs. Awesome color variety!

Forgot to mention, my last custom order from them was placed at 1:30pm on July 2, 2013... July 4th is obviously a holiday... I received the lines on July 5th!!

http://www.coremoto.com/Honda_CBR_sportbike_brake_lines_s/507.htm

Call or email for details on custom orders.

• Member Contributer

Thanks guys.Seems like there's lots of options out there. I just happened to pick a dud one this time around :unsure:

As Jeff has mentioned, I think there might be issues here with the home-spun solutions, but I'd be confident with a kit installation, and I now have some link chasing to follow up on.

cheers

ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Ian,

Did you paint the bike in acrylic then 2K clear coat it, or is it also acrylic clear? I'm in the process of stripping then rebuilding an 84 VF1K and will be doing paint as well and am still looking at best options for a home spray.

Cheers

Rob

Archived