6Th Gen Left Side Radiator Mod

Guest 91talon

Guest 91talon

Here is my next idea at work...

Both radiators suffer from being far too close to the engine, IMO at least, and the heat the front cylinder head and exhaust gives off only really has a couple of places to go when the bike is sitting still. The right radiator at least has a fan to draw air across it. The left one, not so much.

So here is the fruition of my brain at work. It's not totally complete, but it's close to what it will be. I drew my inspiration from the nice carbon fiber pieces the RC51 and Superhawks have for the radiators.

Area I have to work with:
IMAG0721_zps5487d6fc.jpg

After a little bit of measuring, cutting, bending, etc...
IMAG0798_zps9a29a425.jpg

Test fitment:
IMAG0799_zps589222c6.jpg

I'm probably going to get some adhesive backed heat shield matting, kind of like what they put on firewalls and such. At least then it wouldn't soak as much heat.

• 2 months later...
Guest 91talon

I'll try to get out there today and take a picture.

as for cooling at lower speeds, I think it does help a little bit, once you get moving. Of course, as with most VFRs, having no traffic in front of you helps more as well.

Guest 91talon

Ok, here are the finished pics. Not MUCH different than what I put up originally, but I did open up the bottom to let the air in that way.

IMAG0848_zps8521f817.jpg

IMAG0846_zps3274ee13.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest 91talon

Just a small update: I haven't noticed any real difference in cooling temps, but I have noticed that it cools off just a bit quicker in traffic, once it is moving.

I'll probably leave it on for at least another month and see how it does.