Just When I Think I Am Out... I Get Pulled Back In. 1992 Resurection

OK, I really need to get better at the whole before and after pictures. I have completed;

- Cleaning and rebuilding the rear brake caliper and master

- General scrubbing of the swing arm

- Installation of a new chain

- Mounted new tires this week

- Another oil and coolant flush

- Also had the local PD stop by and do a vehicle verification just to make sure everything is in order. I knew it was but this will make registering it easier.

It is all little stuff that is taking the time. Lots of time is spent just detailing stuff and I am not sure what kind of crud is on this bike but once you get it off the bike everything is in great shape.

post-11427-0-51134400-1366855833.jpg

post-11427-0-94672200-1366855848.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished another oil and filter change, we can call that done until I put some miles on it. I also completed 4 cooling system flushes and replace with the regular "Honda Pro 50/50" coolant. Then I took it around the neighborhood for some test riding.

I am very very happy with it. Owning a modified 93 vfr for the street and a heavily modified 93 for the track, it is refreshing to ride a stock 92. The last 100% stock VFR I owned was a great bike but I sold it, I now remember that even in stock form these are still really excellent bikes. I am not sure which one I like more, modified or stock.

I am going to finish cleaning the fairings and some more general cleaning to do and we can call this one done for this season. I will work on the suspension next winter but that is about all. I think this will stay 100% stock as long as I own it.

post-11427-0-60012300-1367547236.jpg

• Member Contributer

Might just be the picture, but the white lets all the lines in the bodywork show, whereas the black it's hard to tell.

• Member Contributer

Done working on VFRs for the season time to ride!

Wow, just wow, great looking bikes. Have more pics of the bike with the underseat pipes? There are two classic VFRs I'd like to have in my garage, one is the white 3G with left exhaust pipe.

post-11427-0-01475900-1368290837.jpg

Wow, just wow, great looking bikes. Have more pics of the bike with the underseat pipes? There are two classic VFRs I'd like to have in my garage, one is the white 3G with left exhaust pipe.

I don't think it has the undertail exhaust. I think it is a left exit.

• Member Contributer

I don't think it has the undertail exhaust. I think it is a left exit.

Check out post #34...That's a different bike, different front end.

post-11427-0-89840800-1365382325.jpg

Archived