If You Have One Of My Custom Clutch Covers...

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Someone posted that one was listed on craigslist. I'm sure there are a few on ebay too,

There are a few on e-bay... just checked.

Looks like they range from ratty (750cc cover beat to snot for 5 bucks) to nice.

None for the 12's though. :(

• Member Contributer

Someone posted that one was listed on craigslist. I'm sure there are a few on ebay too,

There are a few on e-bay... just checked.

Looks like they range from ratty (750cc cover beat to snot for 5 bucks) to nice.

None for the 12's though. :(

One of the ratty ones is ratty right around where it's going to get cut apart, and I think it was only $5. A nicer shiny one is $50. Really depends on how much it costs to mail your original internationally, and then not riding for the three months it takes to get here and back.

I think I would have been pretty surprised if I saw them for the 1200 already.

Hey Seb,

What needs to be done, to send one to Holland?

I researched that for ya..... (am on the fence still...)

1 put your name on the list

2 get a side cover to Seb

3 pay the fee for work and shipping back

4 dutch customs will send you a bill

Key question for me is how quickly this can be turned around......

I've posted a wtb add to see if one can be sourced stateside. check your sheds folks!

I may be able to help. I have booked my flight from Dulles to Schiphol on July 16. I mule for beer and Saucijzenbroodjes.

• Member Contributer

With Timmay having my back, this will work out. all we need now is enough participants to warrant another batch...

I'm mulling over the color to give to the plate visible under the lexan, cobalt blue I think..... (and the cover stripped of paint, to be in "balance" with the sprocket cover on the other side.....)

• 4 weeks later...

Collaboration on an RC30 dry clutch project began some time ago. We were making decent progress for a little while but long distance engineering has its hang ups.

CIao Seb, alberto is gere fromitaly. Do you remember me? the windowed clutch for the honda rc30? the dry clutch project is STOPPED for the moment due to lack of resources. If only i could spend one week with you with my rc30 i think we will make the clutch in 10 days....

let me summarize quickly : the primary gear where holds the clutch basket, removed from the basket , is a nice gear. rebuildin this big gear , with no springs, and with a " cup" to receive the new dry basket ( from ducati ) i have been asked , listen carefully : 650 EURO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for one gear. is that too much? am i asking for " stars"??? i think is too much expensive. beside that. step 2, i copyed from a clutch gasket the shape of rc30/vfr750 in order to have a workable autocad file ( printed it matches 98% size and shape ) if this job i have made helps you i can send you by mail so , this stuff for the plate " to close the engine laterally and have the plate milled from a thick plate of alloy. i do not need a " basket" containint the backet clutch, i'd like simply the clutch outside. i will post example picture. so would you like to cooperate , once more? i think some kits will be very happily sold and easily.

ps: guys. i am very far , with few friends that wish to share and cooperate the idea of the dry clutch. i have a rc30 / vfr750f 1993 engine open so i can help with dimensions and a lot of sutff but machining for me is too difficult and expensive. just for istance .Sebspeed made for my honda rc30 the windowed clutch from a 1990 clutch cover ( 100% compatible ) so the starting point is good. i can share as much as is on " my hands" but i need more help.

who wish to " subscribe" this fool idea?

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Squamish,

How 'bout finding a donor cover for a few bucks?

Either locally or fleabay??

C

There's one up for grabs right now - ends in about 3 days.

a dry clutch?? this has already been done and for sale at durbohn and F.C.C

moriwakidryclutch_zpsbdaaf82f.jpg

P1190108_zps6cb731ca.jpg

P1190110_zps725adafe.jpg

PA060122_zps80f46f05.jpg

any idea how much it cost??? ops i forgot one thing : those are rare as the holy grail. if you are lucky enough to find asomeone that wish to sell, he can easily ask you 5000 euro....

Very nice Roy! Pics are welcome, this is a picture thread :smile:

Have you considered painting your pressure plate blue to match the bike color?

hola seb, alberto is here.

remember?

• Member Contributer

Does anyone know for sure that there IS a difference in the side cover between 90-91 and 92-97 VFR750F's?

Partzilla lists 11330-MT4-000 for 90-91

and

11330-MY7-000 for 92-97

Cheers!

• 3 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Looks as if you're on to something, Sebastian. Congrats.

When I get some spare cash I'm on it too.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone know for sure that there IS a difference in the side cover between 90-91 and 92-97 VFR750F's?

Partzilla lists 11330-MT4-000 for 90-91

and

11330-MY7-000 for 92-97

Cheers!

From JZHs website:

The PCN generally remains the same throughout the same "generation" of Honda model, but there are exceptions... Most significant for viewers of this Web site is the case of the 1990-93 VFR750FL-P RC36, which (inexplicably) has one PCN for the 1990-92 FL-N models (MT4) and a separate PCN for the 1993 FP models (MY7), even though there were no significant "generational" changes made to the FP model. When the "next generation" 1994 VFR750FR RC36 was released, the PCN changed again (to MZ7) and remained the same until the end of production. This, however, appears to be the "exception that proves the rule..."

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Meet Virginia. Seb's CCC survives deer crash and makes the move to Virginia.

post-13282-0-47778900-1404931775.jpg

post-13282-0-00089600-1404931815.jpg