85 Vf1000R "bike In A Box"

Charlies

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well, I replaced my thermostat last night, couldn't wait for the $40 OEM I ordered so I bought one for an '83 Honda Accord (180deg), found posts about it on a V65 forum. It looks identical to the $40 OEM but was only $7! Works like a charm so far...I will still swap out the OEM thermo when it comes in, but I WANT TO RIDE!!! :happy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, my Radiator cap came in yesterday, I think the old one when kaput with the thermostat. Anyways, rode her in to work this morning and it was perfect, low humidity, nice temperature around 62 and you could tell the bike liked the air, and No problems overheating at all! Finally.

Then I get off the bike and reach for the key and its not there....and the bike is still running.... :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Okay, Thanks to Honda of Richmond (KY) new key is ready to go and only cost $10 (plus $10 for a spare) :happy:

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

wow...great work, don't know why the key didn't stick around for the ride into work...

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately it is, I need to sell one of my bikes, get back to one for a bit. I tried to sell the Warrior first but as I still owe on it (and part of the Vulcan I put into the front of a van!) I cant move it for what I need...

IF it sells, I will have another one day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Whew, almost glad I didn't get close to what I wanted. A bit disappointed too, but she still needs some cosmetic surgery...

But in the mean time, I need to sort those damn forks out! Harsh as all hell on the highway, I'm thinking Gold Valve emulators, I was looking at more drastic measures like a front end swap but not sure if that's the way to go.

I need tires too, so I'm thinking of going the F2 front wheel swap route, is there any other way to get a speedo if I do F3 or newer?

Winter is coming...time to start some new projects!

• Member Contributer

Seb has some countershaft covers that will let you run the speedo drive as on all Hondas post front wheel speedo drive...

• Member Contributer

Great work- looks beautiful! did you end up painting or pc'ing the frame?

Thanks, I powder coated the frame and something like 40 other parts, glad I did because the powder coater I used stripped everything off the old parts, acid bath or wash of some sort. They came out like new! I'm going to have the engine covers I painted PC'd this winter.

• Member Contributer

I need tires too, so I'm thinking of going the F2 front wheel swap route, is there any other way to get a speedo if I do F3 or newer?

F3 wheel route: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/71835-vf1000r-f-replica-winning-run-speedo-brackets/page-7?hl=+sprocket%20+cover%20+japan

I guess we have 5 committed buyers and Seb would like 6 committed. I'm still in, the F3 wheel is sitting in the garage for the 1KR. If you want let Seb know and maybe we can get this going.

• Member Contributer

F3 wheel route: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/71835-vf1000r-f-replica-winning-run-speedo-brackets/page-7?hl=+sprocket%20+cover%20+japan

I guess we have 5 committed buyers and Seb would like 6 committed. I'm still in, the F3 wheel is sitting in the garage for the 1KR. If you want let Seb know and maybe we can get this going.

Thanks, Sounds good, I'll let him know!

Check out the Fat Bob's taillight! I'm sure its LED, possible mod in the works....

post-25093-0-32438400-1378917898.jpg

post-25093-0-32409800-1378918140.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived