A Little Ride Video For My Snow-Bound Brethren!

ZenMoto

It's been ages since I've played with my GoPro, and I have a lot of friends back east and in Chicago who are suffering from withdrawal, so I thought I'd help out! :)

Saturday I mounted the GoPro as low on the fairing as I could without touching (I think it *may* have scraped slightly once) and shot a quick loop of the eastern Santa Monica Mountains.

It's long at almost 35 minutes (over 2Gb to upload), but I really like the footage from the low angle, and it's not as jittery as I thought it would be (the suction cup arm tends to bounce a lot ...which sucks).

Anyway, I'm not good at editing videos, so I dumped all the clips onto my iPad and threw this together in iMovie. ...just remember that I am an iAmature.

Enjoy!

D - Oh yeah, make sure you check "HD" at the bottom, right corner.

We ride pretty much year around here too. No sense rubbing it in, huh? :smile:

I like the low angle too. Love watching that front suspension getting a workout.

That was freaken' cool!!!!!! Cold and rainy here in Michigan. Below freezing most the time. Just had shoulder surgery and wondering if I will be able to ride when if warms up in a couple of months. That was a great elixer! Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the fix. You are lucky bastages with great year-round weather and great roads.

Thank-you for the video---I think you did a great job!

But, to be honest, I found the music lacking. I find that when riding a twisty road, the "music in my head," (-if that makes any sense), is a little more upbeat. The following selections can be considered immature---but when I slip on my helmet I feel many years younger anyway...

If I were fortunate enough to be riding the Snake I'd probably be playing this music: http://youtu.be/iPYF2p-cGx8

Or if I were feeling really aggresive/confident I might be playing this:

Because the VFR is a heavy-cruiser this kind of music might be appropriate, too :smile: : http://youtu.be/yhD_ui95D7M

That was freaken' cool!!!!!! Cold and rainy here in Michigan. Below freezing most the time. Just had shoulder surgery and wondering if I will be able to ride when if warms up in a couple of months. That was a great elixer! Thanks!

Thanks and great video! Also, thanks to interceptorrider...58 degrees in Michigan WITH sun! Two months in the garage and I almost forgot how much I love this bike!

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it.

Club Racer, I guess it's a personal thing. I don't listen to music while I ride too much anymore (it just got too difficult to control an audio device since they don't have a convenient iPod remote anymore ...or at least, I don't.

When I ride I'm usually singing or humming a song to myself anyway, and it's usually something like what I put in the video (Mark Knoplfer / Dire Straits). I like my music more laid back for riding, and the gnarlier the road, the more chill I like the music; I guess it helps offset the quick reaction of tight, twisty roads, vs. exacerbating it.

I used to lane-split up the 405 fwy a LOT, and one day I dropped Pantera onto the iPod for the commute ...craziest commute of my life! lol

...never again! ;)

Someone on another forum asked me for a video of Latigo Cyn so I made one Saturday ...and another following my boss up Mulholland from the beach on his little Triumph 675, so I'll link those below if anyone wants to watch.

The temp at the top of Latigo was only 36 degrees, the roads weren't super clean, and I'd already seen black ice ...so I was taking it pretty easy. It was a little warmer coming up Mulholland from PCH so we picked up a little bit.

Cheers!

Latigo:
https://vimeo.com/57421621

Mulholland:

https://vimeo.com/57354119

note: I only have a dozen or so songs in my iPad (where I'm making the videos) so you get the same music selection in all of them ...sorry! lol

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it.

Club Racer, I guess it's a personal thing. I don't listen to music while I ride too much anymore (it just got too difficult to control an audio device since they don't have a convenient iPod remote anymore ...or at least, I don't.

When I ride I'm usually singing or humming a song to myself anyway, and it's usually something like what I put in the video (Mark Knoplfer / Dire Straits). I like my music more laid back for riding, and the gnarlier the road, the more chill I like the music; I guess it helps offset the quick reaction of tight, twisty roads, vs. exacerbating it.

I think we've had a miscommunication--those songs were suggestions for your video.

Personally, I have never used a music device when I ride--but find that when I hit some nice roads I play a song in my head sometimes, (-like how you hum to yourself). I use earplugs on every ride. If I don't I get fatigued by all the wind noise. I'm sure that riding without earplugs is not good for one's hearing, too.

Keep making the videos, pls. I wish I had access to such nice roads...

Archived